Aluminum Floors/Deck

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ste6168

Reaction score
Guys, I just bought yet another jon boat (I think this is 4 now, maybe 5?), but I plan to keep this one a while. It is a Lowe 1436 with a 9.9hp Yamaha. It had an old Minn Kota foot controlled motor up front, that didnt work. I took that off and replaced it with a newer Minn Kota, bow mount hand tiller. That leads into my question. The foot pedal is mounted up front on a wood deck. The wood deck is not the greatest quality and I am going to enter the rebuild stage...

I would like to build a slightly raised deck up front, with storage underneath for life jackets/tackle/etc, but I need ideas plans of HOW to build this. I have never added a deck on a Jon boat, and never thought I would until i got this boat. Any advice on where to start, what to use, and how to set up the frame to maximize storage, but be strong enough to support a person (or possibly 2). Thanks in advance!

Check out my post right above this one. I put a diamond plate deck in my boat and i love it but its very expensive! and i abuse my boats so it was the only way to go. Its really warm on the feet but where i live it hardly gets above 70 degrees and with it being mostly a hunting boat, the mud and all the grodies that go along with duck hunting its very easy to clean!

Latest posts