Angle Grinder Strip Disc?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've got one made by blackridge, not worth a cup of warm, well you know, it also uses a lot of grit that isn't cheap.
Unless you can collect it for reuse it will cost the same or even less to get it fone at a shop.
Well unless you can get your hands on bulk grit at a wholesale price.

richg99 said:
Dumb question.... (what's new?)..

I read all of the time about sandblasting, and then about using crushed walnuts or something instead of sand.

At Harbor Freight, they sell what I call "flocking" guns. They look like a paint sprayer that has a bin or bottle on top. Obviously, you load the "stuff" in it and it sprays the "stuff" on the ceiling.

Just wonder if one were to use one of those devices; load it with sand or walnuts or whatever....if it would be a gentle sandblaster for applications like we are talking about in this thread???

Anybody??

What you describe sounds like a drywall texture gun. I don't know if it would work as a sandblast gun, but if I had to guess would think not. They do make self contained and gravity feed sandblasting guns, which I assume are for light duty use.

I used a vacuum pickup blasting gun when I was stripping my trailer. It was a pain. Worked well for small parts though.

My biggest problem was that for blasting, you really need a big 240v compressor. A 110v machine just doesn’t offer enough volume.

I’ve heard of dry ice blasting in commercial kitchens. Apparently it works great on accumulates grease, and as long as you don’t suffocate yourself, there’s really minimal cleanup.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts