Another Good Day In South Central MN.

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

devilmutt

Reaction score
We fished from 5am - 3pm yesterday (7/5/11) and put 48 fish in the boat. The weather started out great, it was cool and overcast with a 60% percent chance of thunderstorms that never developed. Later in the day it cleared off and became warmer and rather humid.

We pulled 30 fish off of the small area that I posted about before, these were all caught on a Carolina rig. We switched lakes around noon and picked up 18 more fish on Texas rigged Yum Dingers and Flukes.

Two best fish of the day...

268513_2038865766071_1077078176_2302423_8001534_n.jpg

262022_2038865366061_1077078176_2302421_4149824_n.jpg

We were using a Green Pumpkin/Texas Red 3.25" Yum Craw Bug, or a 5" Watermelon/Pearl Yum Dinger.

Thought I would try to revive an old thread.

Any good lakes to report this year?
I pan fish mostly.
Was thinking about giving Roberds Lake in Faribo a try.

I don't really fish much for panfish and don't keep up which lakes are hot. The DNR in all its wisdom poisoned the weeds in the lake in the second picture, we fished it on Thursday and saw hundreds of dead panfish.

devilmutt said:
I don't really fish much for panfish and don't keep up which lakes are hot. The DNR in all its wisdom poisoned the weeds in the lake in the second picture, we fished it on Thursday and saw hundreds of dead panfish.

Well, that's not good.

Anywho, this past weekend we had beautiful weather.
I did well at Cedar Lake in Scott county.

Scott County is getting a little to close to the metro area for me. :lol: We had two good days in the Elysian area last week, but the carp were spawning so a lot of the prime shallow areas were mucked up.

Latest posts