Any good Aluminum welders in CT?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bad Wolf

Reaction score
I have a 1 1/4" hole that the PO put in for a live well, that I'd like to get welded up. Anybody know of a decent welder in the central CT area?

Hi,
Are you a member of NewEnglandFishingForum? I think there are a couple of guys in Mass that could help you out if you cant find anyone.

Let me know if you find someone in CT.

I'm not a member of much yet other than this forum. I just had one local guy tell me it would cost $100 to patch the 1 1/4" hole in the hull. Another said it couldn't be done that it would just melt another hole in things.

Bad Wolf said:
I'm not a member of much yet other than this forum. I just had one local guy tell me it would cost $100 to patch the 1 1/4" hole in the hull. Another said it couldn't be done that it would just melt another hole in things.
A good welder can definitely fix that hole no problem.

I recently repaired a rip and in a 14 Aluminum V-Hull boat using a propane torch and Alumaweld. It worked fairly well but then I had to apply fiberglass to the bottom of the boat and allow it to run into the seams to reseal them because the heat from the propane melted the Alumalast that the factory uses to seal seams.
I also repaired a hole by making a patch from aluminum and using some Attwood Marine Sealant and bolting the patch in place with stainless steel nuts and bolts. This worked very well in my aluminum boat and it is still leakfree going on 2 years now. You might want to try this rather than welding, the Attwood Marine Sealant is a permanent repair if you use the permanent type and it only costs about $8 a tube.

Latest posts