anyone got an idea??

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vthokies199

Reaction score
just purchased my first project!! I was told its a johnson but i dont know for sure anyone have an idea of make? anyways i know i want to seal the bottom wether its inside or out with ? steel flex? bedliner? herculiner? i would like to keep this as cheap a project as possible but know i will need to spend some cash..then i want to deck the front to the first bench put a low floor all the way back take the middle bench out too..my concern there is will this make it sturdy so that i can freely walk back and forth also what would be the best way to put in a floor and deck as far as framing and floatation foam or similar to it thanks for the help and advice

Attachments

• boat 1.jpg
    boat 1.jpg
    71 KB · Views: 1,654
  • boat 2.jpg
    boat 2.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 1,654
  • boat 3.jpg
    boat 3.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 1,654
  • boat 4.jpg
    boat 4.jpg
    98.3 KB · Views: 1,654
  • boat 5.jpg
    boat 5.jpg
    84 KB · Views: 1,654
  • boat 6.jpg
    boat 6.jpg
    74.9 KB · Views: 1,654
  • boat 7.jpg
    boat 7.jpg
    74.7 KB · Views: 1,654
  • boat 8.jpg
    boat 8.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 1,654
I used Steelflex, on the outside of mine I haven't had any leaks and it is really durable. the only tip i have is be sure to use a high quality roller my cheap rollers left fur everywhere! still looks good but thats my 2 cents.

Check out the pics from the project i did last summer. May give you a few ideas. Any questions feel free to PM me.

https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=15037

so i found some stuff called quick steel it worked great dried in 5 minutes and cured in a hour only had one leaky rivet all in all ive spent a hundrerd bucks on just the boat and trailer goin to pick up a 32lb trollin motor tomm. but i realy want a floor just dont that its too shallow or not??? gonn start sandin tomm toohelp apprecited

so ive started sandin down the inside first and have went over each rivet with quick steel and going to try to make my floor tomm. i bought docking styroafoam and had it cut so its 3 1/2 inches thick and im gonna take out the middle seat out to open her up better the floor will be roughly 8ft long(guessing) im not using any supports just the styrofoamand putting the marine plyboard down anybody think i should rethink my plans first timer here all help is appreciated! also if anyoneknows where i could get some desert camo aka DCU camo carpeting id really like to know?