77 Smoker-craft Bench Seat Mods

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For the battery box, which is also a seat, do you guys think for the hinged lid (just the top lid) that 0.250", 1/4" thick aluminum plate is thick enough to act as a seat without getting bowed in from someone's sitting on it? Maybe I should add some angles welded on the inside to reinforce it? I do plan on adding an inside center post angle under the top divider angle between the batteries. Thanks

For the battery box, which is also a seat, do you guys think for the hinged lid (just the top lid) that 0.250", 1/4" thick aluminum plate is thick enough to act as a seat without getting bowed in from someone's sitting on it? Maybe I should add some angles welded on the inside to reinforce it? I do plan on adding an inside center post angle under the top divider angle between the batteries. Thanks

Not sure of the span, but I think the angle support would be needed. My first thought is do you really need 1/4, or will 1/8 with support do the job -- IDK.

If your finnished items look as good as your cardboard templates, your gonna have a nice lookin boat !!
Thanks, my plan is to cardboard everything up, and then cut it apart piece by piece, fabricate out of aluminum, and then spray the whole inside a single color, probably a concrete grey color. I am also going to paint the outside of the boat. I am not big on a red colored boat. I will post some more progress pics... not much boat activity today... gots to watch the superbowl with friends :)