Anyone RC?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ForkliftJeff

Reaction score
I've been into rc's for the last 6 years and I love em. The first one I bought was an HPI Savage nitro powered monster truck. Here's a pic after a complete rebuild. This thing was freakin awesome! 45mph and loud as hell! I sold it last year cause I got sick of messing around with the carb adjustments for 15 mins everytime I wanted to run it. Now all I run is electric.
IMG_1500.jpg

The next one rocks! (pun intended) I've had it for a couple years now. It's an Axial AX10 Rock Crawler. Very slow, but very fun. Crawls over everything! <Running on 8.4 volt NiMh>
IMG_1119.jpg

This one is custom built by me and is fully waterproof so it can even drive under water. It's based on the AX10 axles but is made for a more scale look. It can still crawl, but it's got the wheelspeed to spit rocks and dirt and even the occasional wheelie. <Running on 11.1 volt LiPo>
IMG_0252.jpg

Here's my only functioning boat. It's a cheap-o jetboat with the crappy guts ripped out and replaced with go-fast parts. It's pretty good fun on the water. <Running on 11.1 volt LiPo>
IMG_1189.jpg

And here's my newest. The wife bought it for me at Christmas. It's a Traxxas Slash 4x4 and it's the fastest one I own. 50mph as it sits now but it has an optional pinion gear for speeds in exess of 80mph. Sweet!! <Running on 11.1 volt LiPo>
IMG_0016.jpg

That's all for now. Hope you like it. I'll post more pics and vids later.

those are wild. i dont know how you can keep controll of them things, esp the ones goin 80mph

i'd like to see a vid. of that boat. We used to build airboats out of old rc stuff back when i was younger, great memorys

I have an electric RC10T stadium truck. It is about 10 years old now. I have not used it in the last couple of years. I also have a few RC aircraft. I have one DuraPlane Trainer 40 and one SPAD(Simple Plastic Airplane Design) both of which are powered by OS Max .46 AX engines. I have one Park Zone P-51D Mustang powered by a 480 electric motor. I also have a couple of sailplanes. I have one Great Planes Spirit Sailplane with a removable power pod which has a Norvel .074 engine mounted on it. I have a couple of electric powered gliders made by Green R/C Models including a Green Sleeve and WindStar both of which are powered by 540 motors.

Loggerhead Mike said:
those are wild. i dont know how you can keep controll of them things, esp the ones goin 80mph

i'd like to see a vid. of that boat. We used to build airboats out of old rc stuff back when i was younger, great memorys

Ya, you don't really keep control of em. You just point it in a certain direction and hope nothing gets in the way. :LOL2:
I'll have to see if I have any vids of my jetboat goin. If not, my buddy has a sweet vid of his.

I've got an airboat too that my Dad gave me. It's a Dumas Swamp Buggy but it's got no radio gear in it and I want to convert it to electric.
SwampBuggy.jpg

Here's a vid of my buddies jetboat in action. Hope you like it.

And if your feeling crafty, here's the thread that started it all. https://crawlcanada.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2163&highlight=jetboat

Latest posts