Anyone tried to hang a small jet on a 1436?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SteveF

Reaction score
I doubt it could take the weight and strain and the thin AL would be no fun on a 'mistake' but just dreaming. It's certainly the ultimate solution for where i want to go. I don't have room to garage a larger 'real jet' (i.e. Xpress!). Thanks.

ive seen several 20/25 jets on 14' jon boats on the potomac. it would be fine if you knew where you were going, but its not something i'd want to bump rocks with.

There are other ways to get a jet without "hangin" it off the back of the transom. :shock:

https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=32873

I'm a bit late to this party, but I modified my Lowe 1436 with a reinforced transom & 5 inch lift to fit my Mariner 25 jet. I used 6000 series aluminum to plate over the back side and aluminum struts in front, sandwiching a pine 2x6. It also has two small steel angle brackets to carry the torque from the top of transom to the bottom of the stock wood. It is very stout and does not visibly flex. The boat is highly agile, yet light enough to get unstuck by hand. It handles 2 people and lots of gear very well. The 36" hull does not give as much flotation as I'd like, but its still a 3" boat on plane.

Attachments

• IMG_1498.JPG
    IMG_1498.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 240

Latest posts