Bad day, good day, bad day, good day

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Anchor Chain

Reaction score
9-16-2008

Strange day but here I go.

Bad Day, 8:15 a.m. I work in the automotive repair field and we were so slow that someone had to take off, and I'm out of paid time off and it was my turn.

Good day, 8:45a.m. , went Fishing, caught a few crappie and had some quite time with me and God.

Bad day, 2:30 p.m. 2 miles from boat ramp, heading to another shallow water cove and my outboard, [1961 firestone 2 h.p. ]quits I had been it running pretty hard all day. Checked Fuel [good] it finally started mut had to run with choke partially on and feathering the fuel mixture.

Good day, Talked to the wife about a more dependable Eng, she agreed. went to academy to get a Briggs 5 hp and the only one they had was camo.[wanted black but no biggie] and the plastic cover was cracked because it was the display [again no biggie].Manager said they were not going to order anymore [discontinued]. Manager gave me 20% off. 719.99 for new camo brigss 5 hp.

Can't wait to try it out at sportsman's lake here in Oklahoma Saturday with the boy.
https://www.outdoorsok.com/Oklahoma/Sportsman

Thanks for reading, sorry if part is a "rant"

A.C.

Sorry about the "bad" good deal about the "new" - looks like a really nice lake you're fishing..

Oh yeah, I have to ask - Are you proud to be an "Okie from Muskogee" :?: :lol:

let us know how you like the motor, i was wanting to get one in the spring if there still around, gettin tired of 2strokes

it sucks to here yall are slow in the shop too. my average turnover's been about 25 hours a week, big change from an easy 50 plus last year. things were getting better untill gas prices flew up last week, all our appointments canceled and we've been standin around scratchin out butts all day :roll: .

FishingCop said:
Sorry about the "bad" good deal about the "new" - looks like a really nice lake you're fishing..

Thanks and Im Proud to be an Okie from Midwest City, some how it doesnt have the same ring.

Anchor Chain said:
FishingCop said:

Thanks and Im Proud to be an Okie from Midwest City, some how it doesnt have the same ring.

Talk to Merle, I bet he can make it work :lol:

Let's see.....left work early, went fishing, caught said fish.....and the Mrs gave the thumbs-up for a new boat motor....Where's the bad?? :mrgreen:

I'm not going to dignify that with a response. [-X

well ....maybe
lost $150 not going to work.
almost had to paddle [short notice trip and batteries were low]
<- is lazy

And if it makes you feel an better, I just paid $567 on new front brakes for my truck. :shock: #-o

New rotors, new pads, new shims, new pins. I dont know, I got taken. Wish you lived closer to me.

if they used NAPA high side parts its about average, but the thing is ,did you really need all that?a lot of garages around here really take good people for to much $$$$$. I have to sleep at night and i will have to answer for all that i do.
wish i lived closer to most of y'all. y'all have so much better luck.
but then again Ive only started fishin again 2 months ago, and i have to find the "sweet spot".

Later
A.C.

Anchor Chain said:
I'm not going to dignify that with a response. [-X

well ....maybe
lost $150 not going to work.

lol, soooo....you went & bought a new motor? Ohhhkay.............

ST

Latest posts