bad day of fishing

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Anthony Sisk

Reaction score
Took my nephews out yesterdayCaught one small bass.But the bad part was my nephew stepped on my on my fenwik spinning rod and broke it.To top it off im throwing babybrush hog on a medium action abu garcia rod.i had it carolina rigged and felt a little tug so i set the hook. man it fought like crazyi thought i had a monster.get to the boat and it was about 25#turtle well he hadmy rod bent pretty good so i was trying to get my knife and loosing the drag needless to say he snapped that rod :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: Has anyone else ever caught a turtle bass fishing?

Sorry for your loss (of rods anyway)

And yes, I have seen (did not happen to me but to my buddies) a turtle caught on a a senko and one that was hooked and took, a nice topwater frog. I think it is bad luck to hook a turle and if i spot one I cast away from it

Sorry about your rods...

My youngest and i caught a turtle over memorial day weekend... we were using crickets and fishing for Bluegill... that was a fun 5 minutes! :D

Latest posts