Badbaggers SeaArk 1872 Modification & Restoration Project

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Boys and their toys, very nice job explaining the flats and structure. That image from your machine looks killer.....do you fish or dive that scaffolding? I would be willing to bet there are some groupers and snapper around it.

Country Dave said:
Hey you did a great job of explaining that and besides all that, maybe the most important thing of all is “it’s cool” :mrgreen:

No seriously you pretty much said it all. When I’m up skinny “and that’s most of the time” we look for the sand holes, the reds trout and alike love to lay in them and ambush the bait as the swim over. Funny thing is the potholes may only be a foot or two deeper but the water temp can be as much as 4 or 5 degrees warmer and that’s another factor that attracts them.

Hey Dave thanks and indeed the unit is pretty COOL lol and indeed those holes can hold BIG surprises and SI is a pretty good tool to find them.

Pweisbrod said:
I see. So the sideways view is the most important part.

For my use where we fish the flats, absolutely but DI has it's place too but just not in a few feet of water so much.

bigwave said:
Boys and their toys, very nice job explaining the flats and structure. That image from your machine looks killer.....do you fish or dive that scaffolding? I would be willing to bet there are some groupers and snapper around it.

Hey thanks Kevin. That image is actually not from my HDS12, it's from a friends unit and used it just to show the capability of SI but would be nice to find some of that stuff inshore.

Well having read Dave's "cooler thread", I'm reminded of the need for a second cooler. The boat came with an Igloo which is half way decent and it's going to be used as a seat in front of the console and for drinks and food etc. Just need a second one for the catch of the day.. have ta spend more lol. Oh happy day!

Get a Yeti! I got a 65 and love it. Haven't even put ice in it yet lol. It makes a great seat in front of or behind the console though!

Badbagger said:
Well having read Dave's "cooler thread", I'm reminded of the need for a second cooler. The boat came with an Igloo which is half way decent and it's going to be used as a seat in front of the console and for drinks and food etc. Just need a second one for the catch of the day.. have ta spend more lol. Oh happy day!

I know you’re a research junky not unlike myself :LOL2: So do the research and get the Engel.

Kevin, you're right. They're actually closed on Monday so today is day two. I'm going to call them for an update in the morning and find out where I am.

Ok so I called lol. I had a couple of things to go over with them. They're open on the weekends and despite wanting to start to rig it on Sunday, it's a BUSY day. That combined with the fact that they had one other boat ahead of me which arrived maybe 4 or 5 hours ahead of me, I didn't actually think they'd start it but wishing anyway. Make a long story, they finished up the guy ahead of me today. They're closed on Monday and they start to rig me up in the morning. I finally got my sorry arse to the tax collector and registered the boat on Monday and had some custom Reg Numbers made up and a new SeaArk Logo done for the stern and those are ready and done locally, sounds like a great reason to drive down to the marina on Thursday morning to me :mrgreen:

They KNOW I'm SO ready. On another note, there is a local tackle shop folks recommended on another forum. I bought two 50# class custom rods and two Shimano Reels for Grouper trolling and ordered some Jerry Brown Braided line and Sufix Line for a topshot. Just called them for a price on spooling up both reels with my supplied line - BEST deal in town FREE =D>

Free is always good, if you ever want me to quote you on anything I will....I have an in house rod builder and am also a Top Shelf Shimano Dealer. I would do the line for free too.........since your a TB member.

Kevin, I need a price on some Mann's Stretch 25's. I've got to get about 6 of them in various colors. I've got a price of $7.00 each and the best I can find so far.

Thanks

I won two yeti coolers, a 65qt and 20qt roadie at a DU banquet last year. A single $20 raffle ticket. By far the coolest thing I've ever won!
Edit: I tried posting a pic but wouldn't let me for some reason. They're both tan with the Ducks Unlimited emblem on the lid.

You guys should check out Brute Coolers, cheaper than Yeti, made here in Texas and built like a tank. I am getting two 75 quarts for my boat. The front one is going to be my casting platform and the rear one will be my seat for the console.

Latest posts