Badbaggers SeaArk 1872 Modification & Restoration Project

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey bro that looks awesome,

Are you leaving in the morning to pick her up? Hey you’ve got to plan a trip down so we can put the smack down on Big. He things he can out fish me in my home waters, Big mistake. :LOL2: Get it “Big mistake” I kill myself……….. :mrgreen:

Lmfao... you are just knot right! Just got an update. The canvas man was running a few hours behind this morning but he finished just a short while ago. The folks at Linex have their work cut out for them. They've got to install the console and a a long list of other things. I'm going to see where they are at come quitting time. But here are photos I just received. I'm told with the console in the boat with the color combo it looks and I quote "insane". Going to have them spray my grab rail while I wait when I pick the boat up.

Attachments

• bimini.jpg
    bimini.jpg
    142.9 KB · Views: 584
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    97.3 KB · Views: 584
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    99.9 KB · Views: 584
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    110.8 KB · Views: 584
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    112.2 KB · Views: 584
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    90.9 KB · Views: 584
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    134.8 KB · Views: 584
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    101.6 KB · Views: 584
The ENTIRE inside of the boat is Linexed with a product by Linex called XS650. It is NOT EVEN REMOTELY CLOSE to the same product used on a vehicle. The shops that spray this material are few and far between due to the investment in equipment which is about $300,000. The Linex was $2200 which included 2 days of sanding the entire hull after it was sandblasted. The exterior of the hull is the ONLY thing painted.

Country Dave said:
Bro that looks sick…….. =D> =D> =D> =D>
I think when they see our boats there just going to say hay we want to fish with you guys. :mrgreen:

Lol thanks Dave and yes that's what they'll be saying :mrgreen:

Dude that looks fantastic..I joined tht yesterday and was browsing the linex fourm.....I almost called down there to see if they would send me a pic of your boat :lol: since you posted a pic I guess I will let you off the hook :lol:

Lol @ Kevin and thanks for the compliments. THT is a great site with a LOT of info, been there a good while now.

Are you telling The Hull Truth. :LOL2:

I was on that sight a long time ago. Great sight I can't even remember my sign on or password. BB I think you’re rod holder would look great in the aluminum finish.

Thanks and there are untold hours put into making it look decent :shock:
And many more hours to go to finish her once I get it back.

Hey Dave, been running around all morning. The better half is coming into the end of two major projects for school and then into finals week. She REALLY wants to make the trip but I really NEED for her to keep at the books, I NEED to have her to well and pass so that I can RETIRE lol. We're holding off so that she can go with me. She's been at it all day yesterday and all day today so far and will be working until 4 or so. Meanwhile, not to waste any time I worked on my fuse box and breaker setup.

This will be used from the house battery which is ONLY for my electronics. I mounted up a Blue Seas Breaker which will also serve as an on/off switch and then mounted the Blue Seas 5025 Fuse Box. My Lowrance & Garmin will feed into the 5025. Just need to run my wires from the battery, i.e. pos to the line side of the breaker and negative to the negative side of the 5025 and I'm done.

These silly little things take time. Not having the proper stainless screws on hand caused me to run out to the local Ace Hardware store which is 10 miles away. Make a long story, this silly little project turned into a 3 hour affair including driving to get the **** parts and then mounting and wiring.

Figure I'll do what I can ahead of time to cut down the work in the end. Hopefully the better half will be at a breaking point next week by the middle of the week and we'll make the run.

Attachments

• b.jpg
    b.jpg
    104.6 KB · Views: 665
  • a.jpg
    a.jpg
    93.6 KB · Views: 665

Latest posts