Badbaggers SeaArk 1872 Modification & Restoration Project

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well just got an update from the folks at Shields. I had actually made a surprise visit yesterday to drop off some parts. They started the process at noon yesterday. They had to drill and tap the jackplate to ensure there was a good solid fit and then the finally got the Etec mounted up. The next bear was pulling the wiring. They had to pull the main cable, throttle cables AND two fairly large transducer cables. The wiring race is fairly large BUT, there was a TON of wire in that joker before I brought it to them in the first place. I had issues pulling the two 4 awg wire for the TM batteries and I KNEW they'd have a go of it to get it all in there. They DID and they made it happen but NOT without a few choice cuss words lmfao.

He should be sending photos my way shortly and will post em up.

And here are a couple of photos of the progress... getting there :mrgreen:
There's still a good bit to do by looking at the photos but I'm good.

Attachments

• a.jpg
    a.jpg
    218.4 KB · Views: 766
  • b.jpg
    b.jpg
    173.5 KB · Views: 766
Well while the rigging clock ticks, ordered some security related equipment and a Pelican Case to protect my Lowrance & Garmin. Those cases are SWEET with the pick & pluck foam, not cheap but sweet. I'll snap up some pics later today. I'm hoping they'll be done on Tuesday and we can run her Wednesday.

Just go to thinking, on the bow I'm wondering how a Protecth Mantis shade would look ? Gets hot as hell on the flats and the Bimini will take care of the wife and me while we are running and the wife when fishing but I'm out of gas.

Well to pass the time, I ordered a few more things. Mostly security related.

A. The Claw - Got this joker on Amazon and made by the folks who make The Club. It got great ratings.

B. Trimax Trailer Coupler Lock - Again, Amazon had the best prices and it was well received by those who bought one.

C. Wheel Locks and a Reese Hitch Lock - Loading up on doing what I can to make sure the boat stays in it's place :mrgreen:

D. Minn Kota Trolling Motor Extension Handle & a couple of packs of dock line. The extension is important and it extends from 17 to 25" and while I have lots of dock line, just had to get some black lmfoa.

Attachments

• 20130519_145909.jpg
    20130519_145909.jpg
    455.1 KB · Views: 682
  • 20130519_145951.jpg
    20130519_145951.jpg
    398.9 KB · Views: 682
  • 20130519_150008.jpg
    20130519_150008.jpg
    387.6 KB · Views: 682
  • 20130519_150052.jpg
    20130519_150052.jpg
    449.8 KB · Views: 682
Almost forgot, also ordered some Surfix Bunk Sticks - These are MANDATORY. Since we'll be strictly Saltwater, when pull the boat back up onto the trailer the carpet will be soaked in Saltwater and stay wet for days. Electrolysis is a BAD BAD thing so these sticks will put some polymer between the hull & bunks. Another BIG plus is this makes launching and loading effortless. Once you unhook from the strap & chain, it takes NOTHING to slide into the water. WARNING: Make SURE that your boat is IN THE WATER before you unhook or it will be a BAD BAD day.

Used these on my 1966 G3 and the wife could pull the boat back onto the trailer herself. HIGHLY recommend these:

https://www.surfixinc.com/surfix_trailer_bunkslides.html

I'm anal as hell and read and read and then read more. These are about the best there is and having used them, I will attest to that.

Badbagger said:
Almost forgot, also ordered some Surfix Bunk Sticks - These are MANDATORY. Since we'll be strictly Saltwater, when pull the boat back up onto the trailer the carpet will be soaked in Saltwater and stay wet for days. Electrolysis is a BAD BAD thing so these sticks will put some polymer between the hull & bunks. Another BIG plus is this makes launching and loading effortless. Once you unhook from the strap & chain, it takes NOTHING to slide into the water. WARNING: Make SURE that your boat is IN THE WATER before you unhook or it will be a BAD BAD day.
I'm anal as hell and read and read and then read more. These are about the best there is and having used them, I will attest to that.
Hey Badger, I agree, but there is a cheaper alternative called PVC available from Lowes/HD called 1X3 PVC trim.
Works great and very cheap. +3 make sure you are in deep water BEFORE you release the trailer winch!.....Jerry :)

Attachments

• DSC00475.JPG
    DSC00475.JPG
    365.8 KB · Views: 1,017
Just thought I'd post up a few more photos. First up I had John at Florida Marine Plastics make me a door for the console of the boat to hide the "stuff" under the console and keep valuables out of site if you will. Way back when I first bought my Garmin 720, I was concerned about the best way to protect/transport it without any worries etc. and that was always in mind. Once I decided to get the Lowrance, there was no doubt in my mind that I just HAD to get a case to transport it securely and have ZERO worries to protect the investment which is well in excess of $4,000 in electronics. The first thought that came to mind was Pelican... back when I was in the military, we used Pelican Cases exclusively to protect our equipment. They're not cheap by any means and folks on a couple of other forums I frequent suggested buying a $25 case. To me, spending $25 on a case to protect $4k plus of equipment just didn't cut it.

First and only thought, Pelican Cases. It holds my HDS 12 Touch and the Garmin 720 and for safe keeping the hand held radio.
If memory serves me, it was just under $200 and well worth it for piece of mind. It's comes with "pick n pluck" foam so you can customize it to suit your needs.

Bagger out

Attachments

• c.jpg
    c.jpg
    104.3 KB · Views: 955
  • a.jpg
    a.jpg
    83.9 KB · Views: 955
  • d.jpg
    d.jpg
    75.5 KB · Views: 955
  • b.jpg
    b.jpg
    112.5 KB · Views: 955
Looks great! I can't imagine not having a good case to protect what's basically a laptop.

Plus yeah man, that thing costs as much as a used truck. :shock:

But it's sweeeeet 8)

Very very nice.....does that hatch allow room for another box? I would like another box to protect my very nice electronics...... 8)

[url=https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=315423#p315423 said:
bigwave » Yesterday, 20:16[/url]"]Very very nice.....does that hatch allow room for another box? I would like another box to protect my very nice electronics...... 8)

Thanks fellas and Kevin, there's room but I don't think I'd want anything in the lid on this model. I'd look at their site and see what other versions they have.

Kevin, check yer PM's.

Just got off the phone, Skeg Guard is on and here's the business end of the boat. Picking her up in the morning and going for a trial run.

Whoo Hoooo

Attachments

• TM_595.jpeg
    TM_595.jpeg
    669.2 KB · Views: 851

Latest posts