Bassy Revenge

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jkbirocz

Reaction score
After work, I headed out to get more sunburn. I have had a wicked sun rash on my forearms for the past week, when I'm not fishing in the sun I am working in a greenhouse so the sun knows me well.

Anyway, I spent about an hour and a half sweating and getting more burnt at one lake and decided to head to lake towhee, where I was last night. There was a clan of teenagers where I wanted to fish so I got my feet wet and crossed the spillway. After throwing a frog in the pads for a while, I switched up to a senko on my other rod. I began making long casts to weedbeds.

After about 20 casts I hooked up with a dink around 12". On the next cast I let my bail open and walked back to my bag to get a drink. I shut my bail as I took a drink and noticed my line was going out. Sure enough there was a fish on. I landed a 3lb plus bass. Two casts later I hooked into an even nicer one. This fish was close to 5lbs. This was my biggest bass from this lake in years so I was really happy.

After that, a guy came over and talked with me until I left. I probly only made 40 casts within the last hour of fishing due to the talker. No more fish or hits for the night, but I was happy with what I got.

Unfortunately I was by myself so the pics are just me holding the fish out, so it's hard to tell the size, but whatever 3 fish on for cast is ok by me anyday.

Gamakatsu Skip Gap hooks dominate

Second fish
6208lm1.jpg

Third fish
6208lm2.jpg

6208lm2a.jpg

Jim said:
PIGS! =D>

Sir James - in the vernacular of South Eastern Pennsylvania "Pigs" or "Piggies" refer to large Smallmouth Bass. Big Large Mouth Bass are referred to as "Toads" or "Ahab's bait."

Way to catchem up Jake, those skip-gap hooks are great for Beavers and Tubes also, love the way the plastic sets on then.