Battery and electrical move?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LarryA

Reaction score
First I'd like to say thanks for all the help I've gotten from this site.
OK, I have a weight distribution problem with my 14' V hull. With the battery, fuel tank, outboard, trolling motor, and myself all at the stern end of the boat it rides what I think is excessively low in the water. My question is, do you think moving the battery forward (an Optima 12V Blue Top (12 3/4" X 5 1/2") will make the bow too low should a second person be in the boat? I'm also thinking it might then be heavy to one side with the battery no longer compensating for the opposite side fuel tank. Driving me nuts thinking about it. I just went through all the wiring and hate to remove it and start all over. I was also thinking of just adding some some ballast weight to the bow when alone (A cooler full of water for a livewell?)
Any ideas for me?

*Shrug*

Try it and see next time you are out on the water.
I doubt it'll make the bow sit too low, even with another person up front...the weight of yourself, a trolling motor, the outboard, and a few gallons of gas (8lbs per gallon, roughly) is a lot of weight. Moving the battery could be just the ticket--but with the price of copper, I'd suggest you try it before you buy it.

My 1436 flat bottom has a batt and tm up front. Also an extra stoorage compartment up front. I still have the passanger move forward at times to plain out.

Latest posts