Battery?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Catfan84

Reaction score
Hello again. Just a quick question today im I'm pretty new to owning a boat and have no idea what battery to buy I want the best but have no clue what that is pretty much dunno anything about them will be running navigation lights a spotlight ff and a bilge pump. Any recommendations or thoughts would be appreciated and once again thanks for your time

you don't mention a trolling motor??? if your not going to have a trolling motor a size 24 dual purpose battery will do the trick
if you plan on a trolling battery I would go with a size 29 group deep cycle as far as brands sears, deka, everstart and interstate are the brands you hear about. each has it's fans and haters. they will all last if they are well maintained.
charge them every time you get off the water and you should get several years out of them
AGM batteries are great but will cost you 3 times the regular wet cell batteries

Yeah totally forgot about the trolling motor lol will have that also. Thanks alot for the fast response greatly appreciated