Bearing(s)or Tire(s)

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

danaelk

Reaction score
Hello,
On my last outing of the season, I noticed a little different sound or vibration while towing my 17.5' Fourwinns. Since then, I've towed a couple of times between my house and my storage barn (1/4 mile on a county road). I never got over 30MPH and noticed in the side mirror that the trailer was bouncing a lot on a relatively smooth road.

Anyway, I won't be dealing with this for several months up here in MN but I wanted to have a plan. And by the way, I never did hear the "screaming bearing" noise.

Any thoughts are appreciated.

If your rims are aluminum and the trailer sat loaded I wouldn't be surprised if your just low on air

Thanks for all of the input. I'm gonna jack it up and repack (or have repacked) the bearings and give the tires a good "once over" while there off.

Thanks again

danaelk said:
Thanks for all of the input. I'm gonna jack it up and repack (or have repacked) the bearings and give the tires a good "once over" while there off.

Thanks again
sounds like a good move..My last simular ordeal was tire couldnt tell by looking though .Once you got them bearings repacked. Then there aint much left ..tire problem ...bent rim..outa balance a bunch..My last ordeal I jacked it up just enough to get clearance on tire and ground to rotate tire.It was so out of round that it would lock up in spots...cva34

Latest posts