Beer Butt Chicken

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ForkliftJeff

Reaction score
This is my favorite. A summertime classic. Beer Butt Chicken! (aka: drunken chicken, beer in the butt chicken, beer can chicken...) Yum!
I'm no cook so I usually make it up as I go, but here's the basics.

Ingredients:
-whole chicken
-beer can (size of beer can depends on size of chicken used)
-garlic
-carrot
-green onion
-whatever else you want in there

Step 1: Have a beer to make sure they are good quality and suitable for consumption.
Step 2: Clean the chicken and oil it up. Season it with whatever you like. Drink more beer to make sure it's not getting bad.
Step 3: Cut the top off of a beer can and drink about half. Chop up your garlic, carrots, green onions and whatever else you want and place into the open beer can. Careful, some ingredients cause the beer to foam. Try not to spill too much.
Step 4: Place beer can on BBQ safe foil dish and lube up can with oil and place chicken onto beer can. This can be tricky but you need to get the chicken to be sitting upright so you dont spill the can. Once he's sittin there good, place on BBQ. Sometimes it's easier with more then one chicken cause then they can help keep each other from falling over. (Kinda like me and my drunk friends.)
Step 5: Mix up some beer bbq sauce (bbq sauce, beer, spices) and paint it on the chicken after it starts to brown.
Step 6: Your chicken is most likely getting pretty thirsty sittin on that grill. You should pour some beer down his throat to top him up. And if your lucky the chicken will have sealed itself around the can and you can fill it right to the neck with beer. (If you know how to accomplish this please let me know as I have only had it happen by fluke a couple times.)
Step 7: Continue topping up your chicken with beer and painting on more sauce. Make sure your beer is still good as well.
Step 8: Cook until done. Then remove chicken from can and it's eatin' time. Yum!!

These pics were from last year I think. Mmmmm, it's makin me hungry. And thirsty! :beer:
IMG_0754.jpg

IMG_0766.jpg

Enjoy!

Latest posts