Big D Smallies + A Bonus

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DocWatson

Reaction score
Got out on the Delaware this afternoon with Capt. Ahab to do some wet wading for smallies. The weather was excellent and the river was PERFECT. But the fishing was just OK. We managed a few decent fish, but most were dinks about 10". Feisty little guys, but their big brothers are more fun.

As ever, Ahab is guide & photographer, and he left me to grab a bite to eat and meet up with some other guys to do some largemouth fishing, so when he gets the chance he can post up the photos and tell you about the "bonus". :wink:

It was a big day on the big D. Doc pulls in a bunch of smallies and I manage 2 - no problem I told him I was going again that evening and saving my luck.

Any, the "surprise" was a nice daytime Walleye that taped out at 18" - although it looked yummy it went back to make a few more walleye for my son and his son to catch

Here is Doc in action:

Wingo_0031.jpg

Wingo_0021.jpg

Wingo_0011.jpg

Almost forgot - as we were crossing a bridge over the river we looked upstream and saw a Bald Eagle. The eagle then proceeded to dive at the water - do not know if it was a hit or miss on teh eagle's fish

As I watched the eagle i looked over and on the foot path of the bridge there was a large group walking - they were all looking the other way and completely missed the eagle #-o

Every time I see a bald eagle i have good fishing luck - yesterday was no exception :D

Captain Ahab said:
Almost forgot - as we were crossing a bridge over the river we looked upstream and saw a Bald Eagle. The eagle then proceeded to dive at the water - do not know if it was a hit or miss on teh eagle's fish

As I watched the eagle i looked over and on the foot path of the bridge there was a large group walking - they were all looking the other way and completely missed the eagle #-o

Every time I see a bald eagle i have good fishing luck - yesterday was no exception :D

Glad the eagle brought you luck Capt !!! The eagle missed whatever it was diving for, but the with the luck it brought you you certainly didn't miss your fish !! :wink: I guess that means that there were 2 bonuses yesterday. My Wally and your good luck !! :)

jl_rotary said:
Nice 'eye Doc =D> . Water looks nice and clear.

Thanks Jimmy. :) The water was very clear. If the sun had been out I'm sure it would have looked like gin flowing over those rocks. :wink:

BassAddict said:
WoW the Doc posting a fishing report!! That isnt something you see very offten!!! Congratz Doc Way to catch em up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now don't you start too !!! :wink: I've got a guy on another forum who calls me an internet couch fisherman. :roll:

I don't get out much, but I try to make those outings count (that's why I fish with Dave). I'm a computer guy who fished as much as you guys do now when I was your age. But family responsibilities, time and $$$ (college is very expensive) cut into that over the years. I'd like to get out more, but since my divorce money has been a bit tight and everything keeps getting more expensive and I've still got 1 more kid to put through 4 years of school starting next year.

Enjoy your youth and freedom as long as you can. Unless you're lucky enough (like Dave) to remain a child at heart forever, have an understanding wife and sufficient resources and time fishing becomes a hobby rather than a passion or obsession. :(

Nice catches, on the 18" eye especially. Thats a decent fish for Pa. Glad to see u got out and enjoyed a day of adventures with Dave.

Latest posts