Biggest fish I've caught in the pond beside the house

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dixie_boysles

Reaction score
So I've been fishing the pond beside the house since late 07 when I really got into bass fishing. I first caught two fish out of this pond in Dec. 07 on baby brush hogs and that's what got me hooked!

A little background on the pond: The pond has been there for years. It is not taken care of anymore. Weeds and grass have taken over the edges other than the paths that i have wore down. One side of the pond is shallow and kind of narrow. The other side is deeper but I'm not sure of how deep. I catch most fish on the left side of the lake in the position that it is in. That's mostly because the other side has way too may weeds to go though. The red dot is where I was standing and the green is where I cast. This spot in the pond seems to always get me a fish.

pond.jpg

On my first cast i still had on a Watermelon Candy Truck worm on a Green pumpkin shakey head. I was watching the line on the first cast on the drop. I noticed it never dropped, but then seemed to moving away from me so i set the hook on my nice 3 lb 8 oz LM! Now granted its not the biggest LM in the world, but the biggest I have caught in that effing pond. I have fished it many times and been skunked my it many times. not today! Caught three in all, and missed another one that had picked the bait up and was traveling with it.

SU1HMDAwNjMtMjAxMDExMTctMTYyNS5qcGc.jpg

SU1HMDAwNjUtMjAxMDExMTctMTYyNy5qcGc.jpg

SU1HMDAwNjItMjAxMDExMTctMTYyNS5qcGc.jpg

Buddy watching a fish jump

SU1HMDAwNjctMjAxMDExMTctMTcwOC5qcGc.jpg

Nice fish, nice dog. What color Shakey were you using? Have you used that color in this pond before? I've worked several small ponds, but noticed that if I changed to a different bait that I hadn't thrown there before, I seem to have better luck.