Deciding between two boats, G3 185 VF and Alumacraft 185 Trophy

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
50K to park it in your drive, then 10 years down the road you will only get 20K if your lucky !! I could afford many used boats for far less !! I shop long and hard to save big money, but only buy used. If you can afford it, go for it. If I cant pay cash, I pass....not interested in payments at 73...
I agree whole heartedly with airshot. Not hard to find used boats of every size with less than 50 to 100 hours at half price or less.

I agree whole heartedly with airshot. Not hard to find used boats of every size with less than 50 to 100 hours at half price or less.
The used boat market near you guys must be way different than it is here. Unless your talking just the hull minus the outboard and trolling motor and electronics which today are often worth more than hull.

Yeah, sadly to say some of us don't have it like that due to " responsible priorities. & that's one thing I won't do try to keep up with the Jones's don't get me wrong a lot don't but sadly some do. I get what I get that makes me happy & not my neighbor or the guy down the road with the $20,000 bass boat. {jealous} far from it as the boat don't catch the fish!
& being honest don't think I would buy a new boat They just look like more hype &fancy gimmick's & less materials. But that's my opinion. I am just old fashion type of guy! & like thing's made back when thing's took time to be made & stood the test of time & then some > that my friend is a boat! & anything I did sell to make room for a what I call my "new" used, went out better then it came in so new owner got his or her money's worth & a bit more, I Like seeing folks walk away happy.
I agree w/ gill hunter Save until you get what you want !
oh! BTW 3 tin's & two plastic's I have owned & Sold 4 not one complaint!

Last edited:
When I looked at the new boats last week I crawled under a pontoon boat. Asked the salesman if the welds were done by a certified welder. He lied and said yes. Welds looked like they had run way to hot and quick. $125,000.00 thousand dollar boat. Some of the structure welds were lacking penetration and really did not look good at all. Material used above deck was not very good quality. Seemed to me that the boat was built by cheap labor, cheap material and built quickly. For the price was expecting a well made boat.

When I looked at the new boats last week I crawled under a pontoon boat. Asked the salesman if the welds were done by a certified welder. He lied and said yes. Welds looked like they had run way to hot and quick. $125,000.00 thousand dollar boat. Some of the structure welds were lacking penetration and really did not look good at all. Material used above deck was not very good quality. Seemed to me that the boat was built by cheap labor, cheap material and built quickly. For the price was expecting a well made boat.

Seems reasonable to expect more for $125K. Travel trailers are the worse, especially when they were pushing them out during the COVID demand. Rushed & poor assembly and workmanship. Just about always need things fixed right off the bat and constant maintenance.