Black Friday

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The wife/kid/mother-in-law, and sometimes I hit BF pretty hard. Nothing much good this year. The wife p/u'd some toys for the kids and the boy and I hit Sears for a few tools that I [strike]needed[/strike] wanted. :wink:

The problem I keep having the older I get is that (especially when it comes to tools) I have pretty much everything I need, and if I don't, the stuff I need/want is the stuff that they never put on sale. :|

Same thing rings true for boat/fishing gear sales. The exact model/brand/etc. of "x" that I want never seems to be something the the store(s) put on sale.

I sure wish more places would do a blanket "% off" sort of thing, but they never do...it's always those 'loss leader' type of things. :?

Tacklewarehouse got me pretty good.

I went ahead and restocked my line supply at 20% off. After I ordered, it occurred to me that I could measure the quantity on the bulk spools in miles. :shock: :shock:

Uh oh.

Thanksgiving Day we decided we were not going to do any Black Friday shopping. I saw the cattle panels set up at Walmart when I stopped by there to get a couple last minute dinner items so I knew that place was one place I was definitely going to avoid. Woke up at 5:15 Friday and my wonderful wife had coffee ready and said she had gone through all the sales papers one more time and found several items she wanted to go get. We left at 6:15 and went to 3 stores. Ulta Beauty, Menards and Bass Pro Shops. No lines at Ulta though 1 item she wanted was sold out, Bass Pro Shops crowd wasn't bad and when we went to the check out line, we were 3rd in line. Menards... that place was jam packed and the check out lines went from the front registers straight back to the back of the store and wrapped around the window and door displays. It took nearly 45 minutes to get through the line. I knew we should've split up with one of us in line while the other went shopping. There were a couple of women in line in front of us doing that. All in all, we got about 90% of our shopping for the grandkids done. We were home and Jean was cooking lunch by 10:30.

Glad we didn't try Walmart as my wife's friend was there and she and her husband were right next to a couple "ladies" that went toe-to-toe fisticuffs over... fleece pajama bottoms. Probably wanted to replenish the ones they wore out while wearing them and going shopping at Walmart in the first place.

Popeye said:
Glad we didn't try Walmart as my wife's friend was there and she and her husband were right next to a couple "ladies" that went toe-to-toe fisticuffs over... fleece pajama bottoms. Probably wanted to replenish the ones they wore out while wearing them and going shopping at Walmart in the first place.

Classic! :LOL2:

Latest posts