Boat license

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shamoo

Reaction score
Just courious, In the state of NJ we have to have a boat operating license(on your drivers license) and boating safety certificate in order to use the our waterways. This is for any boat that is registered(I believe). Does any other state have a program like this? Is this nation wide, I'm having a brain cramp.

In NJ it is for any boat (no matter where registered) operating in NJ waters. My boat has a NJ registration (becuase that is where it is titled) but I stay on the DE side

I need to update my license :oops:

There is no such program here, but I really, really wish there was one! It's a minor inconvenience to an experienced boater, but the benefit would far outweigh the potential consequences. The problem, in a nutshell, is that anyone can purchase a boat, not many of those, at least from where I'm sitting, know how to operate one safely for themselves and others.

No boat operators license needed here in Kentucky, unless you're under 16 I believe. Boat and trailer have to be registered, but no license plate on the trailer required, just an annual sticker placed near the registration numbers on each side of the boat. We receive seperate titles for the boat and the trailer :roll:

Latest posts