boat seat swivel clamps

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
What are your thoughts on these clamp on seat bases? How well do they hold up to being leaned back in or sideways in? At 6'7" and 300 lbs. I don't want to end up on my head! I'm also trying to avoid having to cover benchs in plywood just to mount seat bases on.
Thanks

I bought them for 2 previous boats I owned and the first set I bought were better. Look for the clamps that are dipped in a rubber coating, not the ones with the slip on rubber that is cut in a spiral. They seem to slip off the bench seat more, especially when you lean back. Also try to look for ones that come with a bracket that screws into the bench, this stops the clamp from lifting off. You could also make your own with a piece of metal and some screws or pop rivets. The better set was purchased from Cabelas. Hope this helps.

Tom

Thanks for the heads up on the rubber hoses njTom. The ones I saw last night had the spiral cut hose on them, So I will pass. I will wait and pick up a couple from Cabelas instead, They are also $5.00 cheaper there.

Latest posts