boat seats

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
DyerBassman said:
MrSimon said:
I love these. They are durable, comfy, inexpensive, and readily available at most stores.

Boat-Seat.jpg

Thanks guys! After a useless trip to Cabelas, I went to Gander Mountain and found two of these. 39.99 each, not bad. Now I need to get out there and try them out.....

Got out on Fathers Day to give em a try. Comfortable and lightweight. Well worth the $40 each!

DyerBassman said:
DyerBassman said:
MrSimon said:
I love these. They are durable, comfy, inexpensive, and readily available at most stores.

Boat-Seat.jpg

Thanks guys! After a useless trip to Cabelas, I went to Gander Mountain and found two of these. 39.99 each, not bad. Now I need to get out there and try them out.....

Got out on Fathers Day to give em a try. Comfortable and lightweight. Well worth the $40 each!

I was over 300 lbs when I first got mine a couple years ago and they have held up well.

I have a wally world seat in the back, but I just picked up a Tempress (All Weather) seat from BassPro since they were marked down to $69. I haven't taken it out, but it feels much better than the wally world one in the back.

Tele-Caster said:
acabtp said:
There are a lot more ways to fish than flipping rubber worms. I like to sit when I am drifting live bait and when I am trolling for instance.

There are indeed.....

I am a fly fisher, primarily. One of the reasons that I like my little Valco U-12 is that it is a simple hull without a lot of stuff to snag fly lines on, get in the way of casting, etc....

I felt the same way about the 13' Boston Whaler I had some 25 years ago. It had the perfect boat seats for my kind of fishing -a pair of long, cushions covered in white vinyl that ran the full length of the mahogany thwarts. When I get around to modding my boat this winter, I'm contemplating having the same arrangement made up for my U-12.

I do a lot of standing when I fish. But it get gets pretty hot in the places where I like to go, and I'd rather not have a seat back between my back and a cooling breeze, so the kind of boat seats I see a lot of folks use on this site or used on "bass boats" don't do much for me.

My tired old butt, on the other hand, would like something more cushy than bare varnished wood to sit on.

T-C
I'm right there with you on the cool breeze, which is why on a hot day I swap my full seat out for a bass-style butt seat when the boat is stationary 8)

Sounds great to me. I would look forward to seeing your design.

One of my favorite fiberglass boats was the Falcon made Sherman Tx. Other than the center console, very little was permanent in the boat. The seats were not fastened to the boat. They were fastened to heavy bases and the guides would remove seats or add seats to accomadate the number of fishermen they were taking out. Even the console seat was removable by lifting it out. There was no fixed layout of any type.

Seats, shad tanks, coolers, etc ... would be added or removed as needed. I don't know if the same could be accomplished in a tin boat because the Falcon had the power, size and weight to have everything be moveable without it getting tossed around in fairly heavy waves.

Attachments

• falcon.jpg
    falcon.jpg
    9.7 KB · Views: 1,680

Latest posts