Boke the dead spell!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

river_wolf

Reaction score
Well went out to Black Shoals here in Georgia today, Got a late start because of other things that had to happen first today. By the time we got to the lake it was well after 2:30PM but still wanted to hit the water and see what we could do. My lovely wife was with me and it was a nice sunny day here in Georgia. About 79 Degrees with calm winds. Water temp was around 71 to 75 as we moved around the lake.
We saw fish around the 12 to 15 foot mark on the finder but no bites as we kept moving around.
It was funny, just picked up the latest issue of Bassin from Wal-Mart last night and was reading where Kevin VanDam talked about striking the same spot that it would irritate the Bass in to a point that hey would strike just out of spite. So I decided to try it. I was using a Texas Rig with a Chartreuse worm on the hook and kept dancing it across the bottom right in a grass line at the bank, Now, I am fairly new to this and have not quite got the skill to keep landing my hook in the same place but for some reason today, IT WORKED! After about three casts in the same place I felt a bite and set the hook, The fish gave a bit of a fight but not to the point that I was expecting, He jumped once, That is when I saw he was a bass but not of record size. When I got him to the boat, he turned out being about a 13” 2lb bass. Great time and really great sharing it with my wife.

Hope you all had a great day!

Wolf

By the way, I didn't forget the plug this time!! :LOL2:

P4110001.jpg

dude - a 13" 2LB bass is a nice keeper... most 13" fish are around 1-1.5lbs

Nice catch and way to put one in the boat!

Latest posts