BOUGHT A NEW BOAT!!!! :)

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bulldog

Reaction score
I just bought a 2005 Lowe 170w with a 2005 Mercury 60/40 2 stroke motor. It is a 1756 semi v and is completely ready to fish, decks, livewells and all. It gets delivered on Thursday and I can't freakin' wait. I picked it up for $7500 delivered from Ft. Wayne, IN. I think I got a decent deal. Motor is in great shape with under 60 total hours. I bought it from a dealer in IN with a good reputation from what I read. The owner told me if I can find a flaw, he'll take it back no questions asked.

Has a cooler in the floor, livewell with bait bucket, new trolling motor, new trolling and starting batteries, on board charger, storage compartments, all new pumps and aerators for the livewells.

I have to install my fish finders and that is it. It is already pre rigged for my Lowrance!!! Turn key ready to hit the water.

Custom wrap to come a lot like my old wrap but in a tan, grey, olive drab digital camo. I'm going to put a matte laminate over it so that it is not shiny like the old one and possibly take the naked chick off the back. Not sure yet completely but my mind is racing.

Attachments

• rear deck.jpg
    rear deck.jpg
    84 KB · Views: 1,341
  • front deck.jpg
    front deck.jpg
    1.4 KB · Views: 1,341
  • $(KGrHqNHJEoE-li44ZDmBPsm(g2sg~~60_3.jpg
    $(KGrHqNHJEoE-li44ZDmBPsm(g2sg~~60_3.jpg
    76.6 KB · Views: 1,341
  • rear deck livewell.jpg
    rear deck livewell.jpg
    72.9 KB · Views: 1,341
  • steering console.jpg
    steering console.jpg
    76.6 KB · Views: 1,341
  • front deck.jpg
    front deck.jpg
    76.9 KB · Views: 1,341
Congratulations on what seems to be a great package !!!

er... Naked lady?

I'm hoping you mean one of the mud flap stick-ons, and not previous owner's ex-wife. :)

Have fun.

Put the naked lady on it :LOL2: Congrats! We had a Lowe 168sc and loved it. Enjoy!!!

Well, went to work at 5:30 this morning because I could not sleep and did not get home until 9:30 this evening because I'm trying to keep my mind off of this darn boat. It gets delivered tomorrow around noon. I've booked morning apointments and installs until atleast noon so I'll be keeping myself very busy to help the time pass. Probably going to get to the office around 6 because i know I'm not going to be able to sleep. I feel like a 5 year old waiting for Santa.

Congrats on the new boat! Looks like lots of fun time ahead...and just in time for the holiday weekend!

btw: I would keep the naked chick ha =D>

Alright here are my first impressions after a 20 minute boat ride -

Looks amazing, very clean, all around awesome boat. It is tough to go from a 150/105 to a 60/40. It takes a little long imo opinion to get on plane with two people in it but I do not think it is too underpowered. The top end is about the same but the holeshot is way different. It is just going to take some getting used to. I'll be in the market to upgrade the motor at some point for sure. I can put a 115 on it and if it had double the power as it does now it would be the perfect boat. It is a semi v and does not get flat at all which was a concern but this thing handles great and did not cavitate a single time even at full throttle in to the wind with 18-24" white caps. That really surprised me. My flat bottom would have been cavitating really bad. I got 30 mph by myself with the wind at my back, and 27 with two people with the wind at my back.

All in all I would give it a 9 out of 10 only because of the slight underpower. It is however very nice to get in a boat and not have to worry about anything. It is easy to trailer, has reverse, and everything on it works. I'm happy.

I'm thinking "underpowered" is part of your penance. :LOL2:

Yeah always looking for bigger and faster is a problem. But at least the boat is how you want. Hope it works out till you can repower it.

Took her out tonight and ran her hard. She did not miss a beat. I think I went about 20 river miles and used 1/4 tank of gas averaging 25 mph. She DOES NOT slide like a flat bottom and handles more like a bass boat which will take some getting used to. Took one sharp corner that I would have slid right through with the old boat to realize that. Different with no sliding. Saw a guy on the water and stopped to talk to him and he had nothing but nice things to say which was cool. Boat itself is perfect but I will be upgrading motors as soon as I can find a decent deal or trade. I just do not like the holeshot at all. That is the only downfall. Top end is good just a bad holeshot. Maybe a whales tail will help? It certainly did not help my last motor. Any thought on that would be appreciated.

Anyone that knows of someone who wants a low hour 2005 Mercury 60/40 to buy or has a newer 90/65 or 115/80 that they want to trade plus some cash from me, let me know.

Great looking boat Bulldog, I was going to ask when you were going to put it in the water but by the time I read the thread you have over 20 miles on it. :lol:

I'm sure you will get many hours of enjoyment out of it. Taking it to some big water over the weekend or you going to stay local with it?

Im going to hit the Big River most of the weekend but maybe catfishing on the Missouri. No lakes for me. Lake boaters are nuts :LOL2:

Wow thats great gas mileage for a 2 stroke,i have the same motor and it's a hog.Maybe i need to take at mine.I thouht it ran great ,but the gas mileage sucks No pun intended

bulldog said:
Im going to hit the Big River most of the weekend but maybe catfishing on the Missouri. No lakes for me. Lake boaters are nuts :LOL2:
Where you go on the Big River? I know you can put in at House Springs and head up river but not sure if you can get through there with a prop. I know there are some other ramps further up stream. I have fished most of the olds mills in the area but always from the bank.

I agree the lakes are full of crazy people including GWP which is where I normally go during the week.