BOUGHT A NEW BOAT!!!! :)

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A buddy of mine has a river lot 2 miles up from the Meramec on the Big with a ramp. We normally run from the Meramec up to Byrnes Mill. Beautiful river there. We devote a few hours a month to picking up trash and have really made that stretch look good. We really take pride in that river. The fishing is great. Last time we were out we caught 5 species. Channel cat, flat head cat, drum, spot bass, and a sauger. Every time we go out we catch a walleye or sauger. Good eatin' there!!!

Congrats on the new rig! It looks great!

I know what you mean about getting used to not sliding. My g3 has a stepped hull, and hardly slides at all. With a re-power on that rig, you'll love it I'm sure.

wow, you scaled back to something like I was looking at. I just needed a flat bottom boat because I go very skinny on the Meramec,Gas and Big Piney. The modified V will handle better but will not go as shallow as I need to go to get the true trophy smallies I desire. I had a lowe for about 5 years and it was a very serviceable hull....is it .100 gauge???

I am buying a brand new 1652 Alweld kinda stripped down with a 60/40 merc opti......it will go more shallow than anything else in the Ozarks and at a very high rate of speed.

Biggysmalls said:
wow, you scaled back to something like I was looking at. I just needed a flat bottom boat because I go very skinny on the Meramec,Gas and Big Piney. The modified V will handle better but will not go as shallow as I need to go to get the true trophy smallies I desire. I had a lowe for about 5 years and it was a very serviceable hull....is it .100 gauge???

I am buying a brand new 1652 Alweld kinda stripped down with a 60/40 merc opti......it will go more shallow than anything else in the Ozarks and at a very high rate of speed.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought the smallest "opti" they made was a 75hp model, and a 115/80 jet.

Lenny,

as much as I don't want to put this out on the internet......I will. I have a friend who will get me the 80 opti that will have a custom cowling that says 60. Alweld doesn't need to know what's going on the back of this hull as everything is already paid for.

Gramps50 said:
Bulldog was that you I saw cruising around GWP this morning?

No sir. Been real busy at work and I'm trying to get a bunch of stuff done before I leave for Mexico to get married on Monday. I'll be getting out this weekend once before I leave though.

Biggysmalls said:
Lenny,

as much as I don't want to put this out on the internet......I will. I have a friend who will get me the 80 opti that will have a custom cowling that says 60. Alweld doesn't need to know what's going on the back of this hull as everything is already paid for.

Get a hold of Alweld, they will rerate your hull for you.

bulldog said:
Gramps50 said:
Bulldog was that you I saw cruising around GWP this morning?

No sir. Been real busy at work and I'm trying to get a bunch of stuff done before I leave for Mexico to get married on Monday. I'll be getting out this weekend once before I leave though.

One last boating/fishing trip before tying the knot, good for you!! Also like the way you snapped up the new boat before getting hitched, much easier when you can approve your own POs. :D

Congratulations BTW =D>

After 5 weeks of waiting I got the boat back from the shop. It had a slight miss from about 4700-5100 rpms and it was bothering me. $330 dollars of labor later I found out it was a loose ground wire. Talk about being pissed off. I should have gone over everything but I just don't have the time. Good news is the motor runs awesome and the mechanic had nice things to say about it. Now that I know all is well I have to get it titled and then it goes up for sale. Bigger motor here I come!!!!

Latest posts