bracing for casting deck

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alumacraft716

Reaction score
i want to put some extra support under my casting deck i made, but do not want to make any holes n the aluminum. 1968 16' alumacraft the casting deck is about 4 foot long and i have 3/4 inch plywood. i would also like to put a livewell underneath, is there any simple kits for making a livewell out of a cooler or something...

there are some of those bubblers, and you can buy pre-packaged kits... but honestly, it's cheaper if you buy everything separate.

If your cooler has a drain in the bottom corner on a side, you can take that out and just put in a livewell pump. Then all you would need would be a drain. You can follow the livewell build off the home page for this to work.

The other thing to do (exactly like the home page build) is put a bilge pump in the bottom, and use that to recirculate the water and do the pump out. The only extra piece you would need would be another bilge pump to throw over the side of the boat to pump water in -OR- you can install a livewell pump at the transom to push water in to the livewell.

my bilge will be pumping in and out. you can check mine out here: https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=12462&start=30

skip to the last page there are pics and a link to a video there