Brake Light Not Working

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RatherBFishin

Reaction score
Ok guys, my break light isnt working on the trailer. Everything else is working fine (blinkers, running lights etc). When I test the wires coming from the harness on my truck everything works fine except the brake wire. I know this isnt exactly trailer, but its the closest forum I could think of :? Any ideas how to fix this?

PS I DO have the brake pressed down when testing it.

I thought about that, but all the rest of the lights work and my truck only has one fuse for the wiring harness.

make sure you have clean connections at the trailer light itself. I had the same problem, and ended up being a bad ground

With the trailer disconnected, have you tested the pins at the trucks connector to see if your getting 12v when you apply the truck brakes?

If you're going to do minor electrical work or repairs, invest $10-$15 for a multimeter and learn how to use it. Definitely a worthwhile investment of your time and money.

im going to say its your ground. a bad ground can cause one hell of a head hurt. I had a bad ground all my lights would come on an work. But if i turned the truck on and tried the lights would go all crazy. If i hit the brakes i had no trailer lights. If i turned on the turn signal it would work like E flashers on the trailer. But if the truck was off trailer lights worked fine. if you have to just to check run a wire from the ground on your battery to the ground wire on your trailer.