Bring on the snow

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ben2go said:
Holy cow!!!!!!It started off as a down pouring rain,turned to HUGE ice pellets,then turned to half dollar size snow flakes with thunder and lightening.In 4 hours we have gotten 3 inches and the news said 3 to 5 inches.At this rate,I think we will get 8 to 10.

Saw it snow (nothing major) a couple of times when I was stationed in Chasn, SC. That was definitely newsworthy there.

SMDave said:
It's already been announced on the school website: no school tomorrow :D

Hope it doesn't get too bad up there. Due to missed days (snow, ice, etc) we are now going until June 5th (maybe the 9th for teachers). Our original last day was May 16th for students.

WOW!

There is definitely a difference in schools here and there. I can't think of a single school in NJ that doesn't end in mid/end of June.

Vineland Public schools are closed tomorrow. My kids will be home so.......Snowball fight time! :D

Well it's 2:10am.We've lost power 4 or 5 times since my last post.We currently have 5 inches and it's still coming down heavy.Both of my storm doors are frozen shut, from the rain we had before it turned into ice and then snow.I'll open the back door in the morning and put a space heater facing the storm door.It usually works without fail.We don't have any where to go.The news reported a lot of ice on the roads and hundreds of wrecks around the upstate.I guess I'll see what morning light revels.I know some of my neighbors had trees go down.I heard them fall but couldn't see where.Everyone's house look fine so I didn't give it to much thought.Glad I don't have trees on my 2 lots.

Think the storm is missing us,for the most part.
Have about 2 inches of hard icy snow,suppose to warm way up today and rain.Hope it's hot water.
Hope your power stays on Ben2go.

when I went to sleep last night there was slush on the ground and now theres a thin sheet of ice with about an inch of snow on top, the cars have 6 or 7 inches on them, i think im going back to bed.

ben2go said:
Well it's 2:10am.We've lost power 4 or 5 times since my last post.We currently have 5 inches and it's still coming down heavy.Both of my storm doors are frozen shut, from the rain we had before it turned into ice and then snow.I'll open the back door in the morning and put a space heater facing the storm door.It usually works without fail.We don't have any where to go.The news reported a lot of ice on the roads and hundreds of wrecks around the upstate.I guess I'll see what morning light revels.I know some of my neighbors had trees go down.I heard them fall but couldn't see where.Everyone's house look fine so I didn't give it to much thought.Glad I don't have trees on my 2 lots.

I hear ya Ben. We have not lost power at all, but my Son and his family came over at 12.30 last night, as they lost power. My neighbor did have a tree fall on my back fence at about 8: 30 last night but it went between my out building and his house. We will need to fix/replace it after we cut it up, but all told no real damage to either building. Just lucky......

Funny, its supposed to get up in the 70's by Thursday....

IMG_0147.jpg

Waterwings said:
SMDave said:
WOW!

There is definitely a difference in schools here and there. I can't think of a single school in NJ that doesn't end in mid/end of June.

When do you guys start school! We started Aug. 7th as I recall.
Like first week or so of September. This year I think it was the 7th, and the 10th a year ago.

We only have 4" here in warminster and that's 6"to much!!!!!! it's freakin march we should have 45*
It does look nice though hope the kids that have the day off enjoy themselves

Wayne

I hope this doesn't continue.
Lacrosse starts this Friday and I don't want to die the first day :shock:

We ended up getting 7 inches.News says it's going to be in the high 60's low 70's thursday.The temp right now is 32*.Ahhhh,gotta love global warming,snow on monday fishing on thursday.

Latest posts