Building my hand built 24' plate boat

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
stone4140 said:
Two questions and one statement. How do you catch that many carp? Just troll a net or something? And what would you sell that boat for if you were going to make it for somebody? I can't afford cable so I am just asking out of curiosity :) And I think when I go to heaven I will ask for the boat/couch combo. Nice work!!

I run a gill net with 4" mesh. Set it and herd the carp through. There are an unimaginable amount of carp on the river here. The epicenter is about 30 miles south of peoria. The Illinois DNR did a study in 2006 that said there are approx 4000 silver carp (the ones that jump) and an equal amount of bigheads (the ones I'm fishing) per nautical mile, with the average fish weighing around 20-25lbs. According to the DNR, Illinois can harvest round 20 million lbs a year of these fish and not put a dent in the population.

As far as the price, I'd probably charge around $9K for the hull. But that is just a ballpark. Depends on what the aluminum prices are at the time of building and what interior layout the person wanted.

FishingBuds said:
great skill man =D>

What ya charge to custom widen a 1436 flat jon?

PM me and I'll send you my email address. How wide are you wanting to go, and do you have any pictures of the boat?