Bunk glides?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Popeye

Reaction score
I don't really want to change my boat loading style but it is tough on the bunk carpet. Only had the boat and trailer for just a year and the ends of the carpet are pretty ragged. I was thinking of adding these (back end only) to the bunk boards. Anyone use them before? They are heavy duty polymer bunk glides with rounded end caps. I was thinking about only using the bottom part and not doing the whole bunk board.

https://shop.easternmarine.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=catalog.prodInfo&productID=6915&categoryID=0

bunk.jpg

I don't personally know anyone around here that uses them, but have heard that you better make sure the boat is still attached to the winch strap when you back it down (or up) the ramp, or you'll lose the boat.

I can understand wanting to save wear and tear on the carpet. For ease of launching/recovering his 1542V, a friend of mine sprays his bunk carpet with Pam. It works! :)

Waterwings said:
but have heard that you better make sure the boat is still attached to the winch strap when you back it down (or up) the ramp, or you'll lose the boat.

That's why I was only gonna do the back half. According to their directions it is a recommended method of using them. I'm sort of interested in finding out how long they would last. I'm not gonna redo my bunks every year.

Cutting boards from Walmart, and countersunk stainless screws. Exact same stuff as expensive slicks. Done it before, and will probably do it again, as I my carpet isn't holding up for diddly. Although, I don't like the fact that the boat doesn't slide on carpet, as I can idle up on the trailer, and have the truck pull forward 2 feet while I idle in gear, and the boat will then stay on while I clamber forward to hook up the winch. With the slicks, that method doesn't work, because as soon as you kill the motor, it slides right back down (which is why we only pull forward two feet, even with carpet).

Latest posts