Can anyone identify the model year of my Mariner?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nelsonag

Reaction score
Hello,
I've recently purchased a 16 foot starcraft with a 40 hp mariner attached. I am unable to find the year of this outward anywhere online. Could only determine it is between 1980-1985. If anyone could tell me the year, I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you!

Attachments

• signal-2023-04-07-192920.jpeg
    signal-2023-04-07-192920.jpeg
    103.4 KB · Views: 0
Google the serial number.
I have an 1983 25hp Mariner and the graphics are different. I think the graphics on your is a later design.

Google the serial number.
I have an 1983 25hp Mariner and the graphics are different. I think the graphics on your is a later design.
I did Google it and it came up with nothin. I did nail it down on MarineEngine but it doesn’t state the year just the parts diagram. I am able to find the same logo design on the later years but however this is not oil injected and the later models with the similar design have oil injection.

Mercury and Mariner don't use " model years" they go by serial number ranges. That engine is most likely built in 84 or 85

Probably a Yamaha, made in Japan model. Thinking your right on the year range, doubt much changed in those years other then graphics.

If you want, you can call this number in Verviers, Belgium: 0032 87 323221. Also in English.
I had the same problem with identification of my Mariner engine, the lady on the phone gave me detailed information.
Georges

If it has two cylinders, it looks like a Mariner 40c type, 2 cylinders with or without Auto-blend. Auto-blend is not same as oil injection. Auto-blend is an accessory 2-stroke oil supply that squirts oil into the fuel line. I and most others delete it and just use pre-mix.

You can look up a lot on marine engine .com, by brand and horsepower.

Anyway, if the sticker is gone, the serial number series, for examle 6E9xxxxx is also on the powerhead but I can't remember where to see it on the powerhead.

Hello All,
it is a 40C and I have not called about the specific year. Thank you all for the responses. I dont believe I have auto blend, there is no accessory oil supply.

Latest posts