Can I safely do this?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MtDewMadMan

Reaction score
Not real sure where to post this question so I'll put it here.
Family/Friends are going to Tablerock Lake for the 4th holiday and I may go down Friday. I'm considering taking the boat with me to do some fishing. But I don't want to drag her 4.5 hours at 11mpg just to find out I really shouldn't try this.
Now I have been to Tablerock before and have seen the monsterous water plowing behemoths flying across the lake and I know there is no way in Hades my Tinny will be able to go out and play also. That's just common sense and logic at work.
What I'm wondering is are there any places suitable for a tin boat that a guy wont have to worry about getting tossed, turned, flipped, and sank?
The boat is a welded Tracker 1652 Grizzly with a 25hp Merc and 55lb thrust trolling motor.
Anyone local to that area with knowledge of the lake have any advice/suggestions? Feel free to give out the locations of those honey holes too lol.
Thanks

youll be fine just use common sense...wind picks up, get out of it and fish protected areas wich there are plenty there...

I have fished Tablerock several times out of a 16 ft Lowe alum bass boat basically the same size without issue. Also fish Pickwick lake which can get rougher than any other lake I know of with wind and yachts and barges. (read 6 ft swells are not uncommon) Use common sense and you will be fine.

I have vacationed there a few times, always around the Galena area. We used to rent boats, Tx-17 trackers. We also took a buddies boat once. You will be fine, just be carefull and smart. There is a million coves to explore that are out of the traffic zones. Go for it and have a great trip.

Latest posts