Carpeting benches and floor board question

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MallardAddict

Reaction score
Im going to redo my floors in my 1672 Tracker and want to do it right. So for those of you that carpeted your floors, decks, benches, whatever the case may be i have a question.

Did you all glue the carpet to the surface first and then secure on the back with staples?

i got the floorboards cut out and marine carpet ready to go, just curious what everyone used to glue the carpet to the plywood.

thanks
Matt

I used the Henry outdoor carpet glue and in the order you said. Layed the wood out, layed the carpet and cut it, spread the glue on the board, layed the carpet on the wood, flipped the board over and stapled.
It's extremely easy but can be messy.....for me at least :roll: Make sure you have a rag handy to wipe your hands off BEFORE you touch the carpet :mrgreen:

I did it just like u stated... I used a rolling pin to smooth out the carpet before securing with staples. Really helped! It was not messy at all for me except when I stepped on the trowel :mrgreen:

i always found the best thing that has worked for me in the past is to use the 3m 77 spray glue and i spray it on both the wood and carpet then lay the carpet down and once i get it secured and flip it over and glue the excess edges on the underside and then staple it, never had a problem so far