Plywood for flooring

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

Douglasdzaster

Reaction score
Sorry I haven’t been on here in a while. I actually started a new thread about rebuilding the boat since that’s what this is turning into. I’ve been posting on it. The plywood is all cut to fit with penetrating epoxy applied. It’s finally cured,edges and all sealed up tight.
I’m planning on starting to put the puzzle together today.
Ill be updating the rebuild post and adding pictures.

airshot

Reaction score
If I'm understanding correctly, you want to be able to frequently remove the ply flooring. I'm not visualizing how you would use threaded inserts to help do that.

How about some kind of hold downs at the seat boxes. Use alum angle with a few fasteners of choice into the vertical part of the alum seat box. However, this might not work depending how the three sections of flooring are arranged.

View attachment 112899
From this pic, the plywood floor would go on top of the angle. The angle will support the weight and just a couple screws are all that is need to keep the floor in place.

Douglasdzaster

Reaction score
From this pic, the plywood floor would go on top of the angle. The angle will support the weight and just a couple screws are all that is need to keep the floor in place.
I have everything in place but the angle. The plywood is supported by the foam board and ribs. The angle will be used to hold it in place just Incase I need the help of the foam board to float. Lol
Also I’m tying in a couple of things to some of the angle like a platform for portable fuel tank and one for the trolling battery. That way I’m not putting any screw holes in the sealed plywood. Tried to post some pics but my net is moving slow today. I’ll try again.

Attachments

• 4C5F9122-572C-4467-9DCB-3A4BD05A52AA.jpeg
    4C5F9122-572C-4467-9DCB-3A4BD05A52AA.jpeg
    112.8 KB · Views: 0
  • 294D077A-A1C3-4159-9368-083885840BA4.jpeg
    294D077A-A1C3-4159-9368-083885840BA4.jpeg
    113.9 KB · Views: 0

LDUBS

TinBoats Supporter
Reaction score

From the diagram I attached, the angle would be on top of the ply - like holding the ply down. Remove the angle to remove the ply. Your approach of having the lip under the ply would provide extra support along that edge & just remove a couple screws to remove the ply. I can see the advantage. I think either way will get the job done.