Caught a nice Slab while Bass Fishing

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ilinimud

Reaction score
Dont you love it when you catch Crappie while Bass fishing. I was at my Aunt and Unlces farm pond Sat. It got up to about 65 degrees here in IL, but by noon it was down to 35. Temp dropped quick. I didnt know how the fish would respond to a drastic change like that, but i did pretty well.

I caught 6 Bass, and landed the biggest Crappie of my life. They really take care of thier pond, and it has a great natural food source. Crawfish! Thats what i caught it on, a Spro Aruka Shad in the RedCraw Color. It is a big bait, and he really attacked it. Suprised me. Man i LOVE lipless cranks.

Sorry i didnt get a pic of the Bass, i was going to take one of the Crappie next to the Bass because it dwarfed them. Hopefully you can tell how big he it. Nearly 2 pounds on the junk sale that i think is a little off (dont we all....)

Attachments

• big crappie 1.jpg
    big crappie 1.jpg
    112.1 KB · Views: 78
  • big crappie 2.jpg
    big crappie 2.jpg
    89.2 KB · Views: 73
  • big crappie 3.jpg
    big crappie 3.jpg
    75.1 KB · Views: 73
It was 16". The tape say 15 1/2, but it squirmed when i snapped the shot.

Just fried it about an hour ago. It was VERY tasty!!

my biggest crappie also came from southern Illinois it hit a norman deep little N it weighed in at almost 3lbs' and was released back for another day

Wayne

I would have released this one, but my Aunt and Uncle are wanting to thin out thier pond a little. They barely ever keep fish, my Uncle loves his Bass, and my Aunt loves to eat them. LOL. She is nuts, she says she likes Bass bettere than Crappie....

Latest posts