Cavman138's PolarKraft 1648

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No the wiring for the front two deck lights goes below the deck then into one of the tubes that runs from the front deck to the back deck. They are actually wired into buss bars below deck to keep the amount of wiring down a bit.

Well boys I completely forgot to mention that I put the boat in successfully 2 weeks ago....the Sunday before Easter. I got her in the water and everything worked perfectly. I took my dad out for the first real trip since he helped me with over half of the build. We didn't catch any fish, but I was too thrilled that everything was working great. It was a great day, a little windy trying to get the boat back on the trailer... I need to make some guides to make that process a little easier. Overall I was very happy with how everything worked out. I couldn't find my camera so there were no pics, but I will be sure to take some the next time out. Spring semester is ending and summer semester is starting, but I should have time to get her out plenty.

Thanks for all the help I received from you guys. This site was the inspiration for me doing the whole project and you guys helped me out the whole way. Thanks guys!

I didn't get the boat out as much this year as I had planned, but when I did the boat worked out great. I never had any worries about balance or anything along those lines. I do need to rework the livewell, but that's mainly because I made some quick modifications to it to avoid delaying a trip. Just had a few leaks around some fittings that need to be fixed. Overall I was thrilled with how well the boat turned out. Probably moves at a whopping 10mph with the 9.9, but in the lakes I fish, you don't want to go much faster with all the stumps around. I hope some of yall were able to draw some ideas from my build as I was off of so many other people's builds. I can't say enough how great this site is.

boat looks awesome i have to say the same about this site its great i found this site when i was overseas and as soon as i got home i jumped head first into my build witch was fun but now i wish i would have took my time to find a better boat my 1436 is ok but me being 6'4'' its like fishing on a balance beam

Excellent work. I have the same boat and plan on something similar but no where near as much as you did. If you are still having problems with leaks around fittings, use marine 5200 caulk made by 3M. You can get it at any marine store.

I like that rope lighting too, I'm thinking of something similar but in red most likely.

Nice man, I'll look into it, again nice job on the boat, you been gettin any little fishies?

Gators5220 said:
Nice man, I'll look into it, again nice job on the boat, you been gettin any little fishies?

I wish I could say yes, but after taking a new job at the beginning of 2012 that requires me to work every other weekend and still working on my MBA, I don't get out nearly as often as I'd like. Its amazing how much time I had to go fishing when the boat was being modded, and now I have no time at all! ](*,)