Central Iowa 6lbr

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cjensen

Reaction score
Finally, finally, finally made out to my home lake Thursday. Had made it to Truman Res. in MO a few weeks ago but too much working has kept me off the water for way too long. I guess I picked the right day to go. Found this beauty around some submerged trees in about 10-12 ft of water. Was throwing a chartreuse perch Lucky Craft RC 2.5. Didnt have my scale with, she was 19.5" long. I'm comfortable saying she weighed at least 6 lbs...
As a side note, I managed to accomplish my main goals...beating the 6 lb mark and setting a new personal best. So all in all it was a good first day.

Attachments

• Toad.jpg
    Toad.jpg
    154.8 KB · Views: 914
That is a beautiful large mouth!! I think any day out on the water is a great day!! It's even sweeter when you hook on to a fish like that lol

Congratulations on a great catch.

fishnfever

That laydown in the upper right corner is where I found her. My buddy was fishing a jig in that spot and he thought he felt a tap but no takers. He trolled on by and once the back of the boat was lined up with that laydown I threw the crank parrallel to the tree. The crank bounced off a branch and thats all it took.