Chemo's keeping me stuck inside, haven't fished in weeks!

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well I may be kicking it's ***, but chemo's kicking mine. I feel like death. Thanks again everybody for your support!

[url=https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=334346#p334346 said:
MiPikeGuy » Today, 05:42[/url]"]Started cycle #4 today, which sucks... but my new rig cheered me up!

and now...just coincidentally....you could haul a larger boat...what a happy unintended side effect!

:lol: =D> :lol:

Looks like some things are positive. That's good!
Don't know if this will be of any help, but it sure wouldn't hurt to eat a lot of things that contain antioxidants. Blueberries, cranberries, grapes, etc. all contain this, and are good for you too. No twinkies though; oh well, maby one here and there! :lol:
Keep at it!
Wishing all the best for you!

[url=https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=334361#p334361 said:
Kismet » 13 Nov 2013, 12:06[/url]"]
[url=https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=334346#p334346 said:
MiPikeGuy » Today, 05:42[/url]"]Started cycle #4 today, which sucks... but my new rig cheered me up!

and now...just coincidentally....you could haul a larger boat...what a happy unintended side effect!

:lol: =D> :lol:

You've got a point there! Now in the mean time I've got my eye on a small jet-ski trailer for the Crawdad, gotta see how broke I am after plates/registration/insurance. Was quoted $2500 for 6 months of Pl/PD!

Something 4wd was inevitable, our 2wd Ranger is a death trap in the snow and the Mustang is obviously out of the question. Just didn't think it was going to happen so fast. It will be so nice to actually be able to back down to the lake and launch a boat without being scared of getting buried. Not to mention being able to leave the boat all rigged up, instead of having to pile everything in it, unload it from the back of the truck, launch, then rig-up. It will make things a lot easier on me, my Merc is a heavy sob. The Ranger has gotten stuck several times 25+miles back in the woods, lotta work to get it out.

It's a 00, 4.3 Vortec/Auto ( :sick: ), 137K, loaded, moonroof, for $2700. I was looking at an 01 with 170k in worse shape that they were asking $3500 for. Only plus side was it was closer, but I don't mind taking the 3 hour trip to GB. I was really looking for an older Nissan/Toyota with an extended cab and a 4cyl/5spd, but they're so rusted out up here and crazy expensive. Looked at a couple Jeeps, but they were all full-time 4wd. Had to have either an extended cab or an suv, and there was no way I was going to buy anything with a V8. I think this will serve our needs of running back and forth to chemo for the next couple months and be woods duty in the summer while we drive the Mustang elsewhere. The Ranger will be sold once it's paid off, my girl really wants another small fwd/awd car, pretty stuck on a Subaru, so that will probably the next daily driver if things go well. I never imagined we'd be sitting here with 3 vehicles now!

[url=https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=334374#p334374 said:
overboard » 13 Nov 2013, 15:04[/url]"]Looks like some things are positive. That's good!
Don't know if this will be of any help, but it sure wouldn't hurt to eat a lot of things that contain antioxidants. Blueberries, cranberries, grapes, etc. all contain this, and are good for you too. No twinkies though; oh well, maby one here and there! :lol:
Keep at it!
Wishing all the best for you!
Agreed, hard to be down with so much going good for a change!

I do my best to eat fresh fruit whenever I can, but more blueberries and the like couldn't hurt. Anything sugary tastes like poison after about 4 days into a cycle, and stays that way for another 2 weeks or so, so no worries on the twinkies, unfortunately! lol

Thanks for the tip and well wishes!

I'm not even picking it up till the morning and I've already got the first few things picked out for it. I don't like getting stuck.

I was thinking these front and rear bumpers, winch out front and the Hidden Hitch in the back like how it is in the picture. Looking at a couple different roof-top racks too for more gear room. More than likely a different spare tire mount with a place to mount a hi-lift jack at some point too. It might get a small lift (2.5") to help level it out and support the extra weight of the bumpers, some knobbier tires and it'll be good to go.

Attachments

• boondock front.jpeg
    boondock front.jpeg
    127.7 KB · Views: 318
  • Boondock Rear.jpg
    Boondock Rear.jpg
    330.5 KB · Views: 318
[url=https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=334393#p334393 said:
Country Dave » 13 Nov 2013, 17:22[/url]"]Always in our prayers brother. Nice rig, congratulations.

Thanks a bunch Dave!

Wow, nothing like having an agreement and a set price with a dealership, plans to pick the vehicle up in the morning and pay CASH, just to have the %&$^*^%# sell the vehicle out from under you. I'm officially pissed off, back to the search I guess.

Thanks Emil, appreciate that. What I need is a truck, so if you see anything for around $3000, please let me know lol

Best of luck that the truck looks as good as it sounds, and that it is still there!

(and, with my recurrent theme, even if it is not, it is an annoyance, not a problem--right? This year's events have pretty well defined the difference between a "problem" and an irritant.)

btw, I'm putting your treatment and improvement on the list of things at Thanksgiving I'm grateful for. Not a big ideal, but justsayin'

=D>

Alls well that ends well! Despite being p'o'd about the Blazer, I'm much happier in the end. I've always been a Toyota guy, and I love this 4runner.

Completely rust free, clean interior, 150k, 2 owner, lots of new parts. 3.0 V6/Auto 4x4, it's a gutless pig, but it's more than enough to make it so we can tow a trailer and actually launch the mighty Crawdad! :LOL2:

Attachments

• 4runner.JPG
    4runner.JPG
    36.1 KB · Views: 332
[url=https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=335059#p335059 said:
Kismet » 22 Nov 2013, 12:48[/url]"]Best of luck that the truck looks as good as it sounds, and that it is still there!

(and, with my recurrent theme, even if it is not, it is an annoyance, not a problem--right? This year's events have pretty well defined the difference between a "problem" and an irritant.)

btw, I'm putting your treatment and improvement on the list of things at Thanksgiving I'm grateful for. Not a big ideal, but justsayin'

=D>

It's in my driveway now!

I'd have to agree, don't even know why I let it get me worked up.

Thank you again brother, you've been a huge help through all this.

Started my 5th cycle today, only 1 more hopefully *knock on wood*. Still feeling ok, but it takes a few days to catch up. Had another PET scan last week that showed more improvement.

I really wanted to send a huge THANK YOU to each and every one of you guys, your support means the world, and I mean that from the bottom of my heart. You're really an awesome group! If any of you are ever in my area, let me know. I know a spot or two with some trophies :LOL2: