Coleman lanterns and stoves

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I love the old coleman gas stoves. I still take a 502 for coffee and always a liquid fuel lantern. I also have two two burner but don't use them much.

I used to have the double stove. Wonder what happened to that. That single is really cool though. I'm going to have to search for one of those.

I know this is veering off topic but it is about Coleman so...have you guys seen the Coleman commercials about how getting kids to spend time outdoors can reduce, if not eliminate the need for ADD drugs and treatments. They are great commecials!

If you ever need assistance with those older Coleman lanterns or stoves just check in at www.oldtowncoleman.com Nothing there to buy, just a great deal of information I am happy to share. My best memory of an Idaho bass fishing aluminum boat: "Sorry dad. I'll try to be more quiet next time."

Welcome to TinBoats fbebb. Glad to have you here. You might want to head over to this part of the forum and introduce yourself.

https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=108

We like to get to know our new family members. Be nice if you put your location in your profile too. You'd be surprised how many of us have hooked up to fish together.

fbebb said:
If you ever need assistance with those older Coleman lanterns or stoves just check in at https://www.oldtowncoleman.com Nothing there to buy, just a great deal of information I am happy to share. My best memory of an Idaho bass fishing aluminum boat: "Sorry dad. I'll try to be more quiet next time."

Welcome, thanks for joining!

Looks like a great resource for the lanterns.

fbebb said:
If you ever need assistance with those older Coleman lanterns or stoves just check in at https://www.oldtowncoleman.com Nothing there to buy, just a great deal of information I am happy to share. My best memory of an Idaho bass fishing aluminum boat: "Sorry dad. I'll try to be more quiet next time."
That's the site that I used to learn how to fix my coleman lanterns and stoves. There's also www.oldcolemanparts.com

I remember that ice storm way too well lol. Here, we were without power for 34 days but who's counting. We were able to heat the whole house (all three floors) with a single propane fire place. But I've always liked the like fuel stoves and lanterns 10x better. I can't tell you how many times a year I still use mine from fishing to hunting. I tried a propane lantern for a bit but gave it to my roommate in college. It seemed to me that it just went through the fuel to fast especially if i was using it for two hours one time, 45 minutes the next. It seems the more you turn it off and on the more propane you waste compared to the liquid fuel. But who knows, maybe it's just my mind playing tricks on me cause I'm not having to pump it up every so often. As for the price..... both have went up dramatically and the last time I checked our local Walmart they weren't even carrying the liquid fuel anymore.

I too use white gas lanterns and stoves. My backpack stove is duel fuel, white gas/gasoline. My dual burner stive is ancient but works like a champ. Best part about these old Coleman lanterns/stoves is repair kits are like $5.

Pic of my backpack stove cooking up steaks while BPing the Porkies.
Pic of my Coleman lantern. It sitting on top of the wooden box I made for it. I put the lantern in teh box for storage/transportation, and on top for lighting at night. Being up high keeps the light above the brim of my hat, and out of my eyes.
By teh way, the lantern pic was taken the night of the First TInBoats Tournament at Evergreen lake. It was raining and most of the other campers were in thier tent/RV's. I guess you could say I was in my tent. I sleep under the dining fly, no tent.

Attachments

• delete later 079.jpg
    delete later 079.jpg
    33.1 KB · Views: 377
  • 6campsitefnight.JPG
    6campsitefnight.JPG
    148.2 KB · Views: 377
Just joined the club! This is my first camping stove. Found it at a yard sale today for 4.00! Little dirty, any recommendations on cleaning it? Brake fluid maybe? Steel wool?

It is a Coleman 425F.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1329593061.357653.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1329593061.357653.jpg
    217.6 KB · Views: 556
I have both. I have propane when I just don't want to mess with it. I also have a SVEA 123. Its as light as any newer backpack stove if you consider the fuel cells too. Swedish design from long ago.

Not my picture but the weight of all this is pretty light considering its all contained.
svea123.jpg

Jdholmes said:
Just joined the club! This is my first camping stove. Found it at a yard sale today for 4.00! Little dirty, any recommendations on cleaning it? Brake fluid maybe? Steel wool?

It is a Coleman 425F.
Does it light?
Google up "coleman collectors forum"

Well, he gave me a trickle left over in a can...enough to test it. She fires up no problem. Only burned for about a minute before going out...but everything seemed good.

Still have and use the liquid lantern and I also have a stove packed away somewhere. My lantern is from the 70-80s I needed a new generator as trying to clean the one I had was a bad idea. I found the best place to get parts was Coleman, with good prices.

Gramps50 said:
Still have and use the liquid lantern and I also have a stove packed away somewhere. My lantern is from the 70-80s I needed a new generator as trying to clean the one I had was a bad idea. I found the best place to get parts was Coleman, with good prices.
Lanterns are much more fun. Altho I have been know to watch stoves boil water.

Check out today's find...should be a vintage Coleman lovers dream.

It's a Coleman 413E - no date stamp but they were early 50's to 1960, eh?

An estate sale for $10!

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1336247869.726217.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1336247869.726217.jpg
    217.6 KB · Views: 490
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1336247884.694613.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1336247884.694613.jpg
    227.6 KB · Views: 490
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1336247892.221637.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1336247892.221637.jpg
    177.7 KB · Views: 490
I have two coleman laterns and a double burner stove, and an old antique latern that I snatched from popz that my Uncle got when worked for the Reading railroad
080.jpg