Comfort Lake: Turning my luck around this week!

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

breachless

Reaction score
I am finally getting consistent with this lake. I quit smoking recently (in the middle of day 4 as I type this...) so I have been going out on the lake as much as possible since I don't even think about smoking if my hands are busy with fishing (and it works great!)

Anyway, in the last few days, I have hauled a LOT of bass in, and a few of them were really nice fish. I also hooked into a Musky for the very first time in my life, and that was quite exciting. It's funny: it hit my ring-fry worm texas rigged about 20 feet from the boat, and it hit it HARD. It was a short-lived fight as he darted straight towards my boat, veered off to the side (and got me all wet!), made a hell of a run and then came unhooked. To my surprise, when I got my bait back to the boat, it was still texas-rigged. The hook never penetrated the worm and hooked into the fish: it just grabbed the worm and took off and even fought me for a short while JUST by biting down onto and holding onto the bait. I got a chuckle out of it anyway: apparently, the Musky are every bit as tenacious as those Northern Pike are (if not more so...)

Anyway, since I was fishing alone, I didn't get many pics, but here are a few that at least SORT of turned out (my camera on my phone is not ideal for this kind of thing...) And yes, I realize I look like a fool in these (I never was much for smiling in pictures...)

0716000830.jpg

0716001022.jpg

0716001022a.jpg

0716001023a.jpg

0716001023.jpg

0715000922.jpg

0715000922a.jpg