connector problem

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cathunter21

Reaction score
i took my boat out for the first time this week and it ran great, but when i unhooked the gas tank the o ring in my female connector was screweed up so that when i tryed to pump gas with the bulb it leaked everywhere. so i went and bout a new female connector and took the boat out earlier today. it ran good for about ten minutes and it died. i started it and ran for about 30 seconds and it died again. so i looked at the connector and the oring in the new one was screwed up. so i headed back to the ramp and the motor died about every 30 seconds. does anyone no why the connectors keap screwing up, could my male end have something wrong with i? any knowledge you have on this would be greatly appreciated

thats what i was thinking but i looked and couldnt find anything, but is replacing the male connector hard or expensive? could i do it myself or would i need to take it to a shop

The connectors are usually a simple job.Remove the hose,remove the connector nut,and it usually just slides out.You could always replace both connectors with the universal style.They are around $20 to $30 for both connectors.Get'em at most any place that has boating stuff.

Latest posts