Corroded Fuel Line

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What normally happens... the motor blows up. The reed will get sucked into the cylinder and if it's lucky it won't get snagged in between the port and the piston on it's way back up. Pretty much the piston ends up chewing on the reed until it get spit out the exhaust.
If the reeds is stuck any where it will be in one of the intake port runners. It's your motor and do as you please but the only way your going to know if the reeds out and didn't hurt anything is to split the crank case and pull out the top pistons. That's my 2 cents.

Thanks rude, I value your opinion. It seems that this appears to be the thing to do. How difficult is it to get to the piston. I looked over the service manual, it doesn't seem to difficult. Are there any dos or dont's or common mistakes that people make. I assume what I will be looking for, is the reed and or signs of damage from the reed.

Parts finally arrived, replaced. Fixed problem. I decided against cracking the crankcase due to the fact I ran it several times post reed breakage. Figured damages has already been done. Cylinder appears to be running fine.

Latest posts