Country Dave’s Lowe 1752 modification/restoration project.

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
love the project country dave. it really looks incredible- like a high dollar custom build.

one question: how do you plan to attach those aluminum deck panels to one another? i had a hard time making it out in the picture. are they tacked, screwed, ???

got a project similar that im planning for and i love stealing good ideas from you all. this is one of the best resources on the internet.

typed by ben said:
love the project country dave. it really looks incredible- like a high dollar custom build.

one question: how do you plan to attach those aluminum deck panels to one another? i had a hard time making it out in the picture. are they tacked, screwed, ???

got a project similar that im planning for and i love stealing good ideas from you all. this is one of the best resources on the internet.

Hey thanks man really appreciate that,

Just going to rivet the panels down. All the decks are going to have Seadek on them so you won’t see the rivet heads. The back peace of diamond plate were the rigging is going to be going through will be rivet down as well.
Good luck with your project.

The motor side of the battery cables are rigged and installed on the motor,

I like the closed bucket type terminals. The salt air will find its way to any exposed wire strands and corroded them. I see this with the open end terminals all the time. With this set up there are absolutely no wire strains exposed.
I like the copper ones, copper being a great conductor. First I measure the wire by seating it all the way down in the terminal then back it out just a little so there will be insulation in the bucket after I trim off the desired amount of insulation.

Refit it back in the terminal to check it. A vise grip works great to hold the terminal upright while you fill it with solder. “Use a good led free solder” Slide your heat shrink tubing down the wire a good ways, to close to the terminal end and it will draw up tight and you won’t be able to pull it up over the terminal. You have to fill the bucket up at least ¾ of the way. Once you stick the wire in it draws a bunch of solder up the insulation and around the wire strands.

You want just a little overflow as you put the wire in so you know there are no gaps. Let it cool real good slide your heat shrink up, hit it with the torch and you’re done.

Attachments

• 012.JPG
    012.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 717
  • 011.JPG
    011.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 717
  • 010.JPG
    010.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 717
  • 009.JPG
    009.JPG
    421.6 KB · Views: 717
  • 006.JPG
    006.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 717
  • 004.JPG
    004.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 717
  • 001.JPG
    001.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 717
How does your live well drain? Mine has only the aerator they hull from the rear of the boat in the transom, and the overflows on each side. There is a valve you can open on the bottom of the live well on the fitting, but the pump does not seem to suck water back out...

Looks great Dave ! Did the same thing on the Ark and finding those connectors here was a pain, only Napa had them and NOT every Napa lol.

Looks great man, you're doing some sweet, sweet work on that thing.

Good on 'ya for the play by play with all the pics, I don't like busting out the SLR with epoxy and paint all over my hands so I normally wait until I'm done to take pics of the day's work. I find stopping and taking pictures slows me down, so props to you...it's super helpful getting the details on certain aspects of a build.

Staying tuned for more updates.

Hello you ‘all,

Man it’s just been one thing after another keeping me from making any real progress. In addition to girlfriend issues and studding for an exam, I just a lost a good friend of 25 plus years to a heart attack. :( I have made a little progress and I might play around with it a little bit tonight.

If so I will post some pics. It’s getting close if I could just get some real time to work on it I could get it wrapped up. My life is just too **** busy.

[url=https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=315492#p315492 said:
Country Dave » Today, 09:35[/url]"]Hello you ‘all,

Man it’s just been one thing after another keeping me from making any real progress. In addition to girlfriend issues and studding for an exam, I just a lost a good friend of 25 plus years to a heart attack. :( I have made a little progress and I might play around with it a little bit tonight.

If so I will post some pics. It’s getting close if I could just get some real time to work on it I could get it wrapped up. My life is just too **** busy.

She better be smokin hot to be causing you so much grief! ;) :LOL2:

[url=https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=315532#p315532 said:
Pweisbrod » 59 minutes ago[/url]"]
[url=https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=315492#p315492 said:
Country Dave » Today, 09:35[/url]"]Hello you ‘all,

She better be smokin hot to be causing you so much grief! ;) :LOL2:

Yeh she’s pretty hot and 17 years younger than I am. I will be 54 and she’s 37. A year older that my oldest daughter.

Ok so let’s talk about the really important stuff, the build :LOL2: my Yamaha is an early 2003 and you can’t monitor to many engine parameters. You get a buzzer and idiot light for low oil pressure and engine over temp but that’s pretty much it. It wasn’t until late 2004 and early 2005 that you could get the smart gauge with all the parameters.

There is one port on the motor that you can remove the galley plug and install either a temp sender, or a water pressure outlet to monitor water pressure, but not both, there’s only one outlet. I opted for water pressure since I’m going to be running the motor up on the jack plate most of the time and I need to know first and for most the pickup is in the water and I’ve got pressure.

I found a pretty cool gauge and sender that I can rig up and monitor cylinder head temp. It’s not water temp but it will give me a good base line and if she is starting to get hot, I’ll know about it.

Attachments

• 001.JPG
    001.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 602
  • 010.JPG
    010.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 602
  • 558882_10150709255313188_153402530_n.jpg
    558882_10150709255313188_153402530_n.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 602
  • 76170_10151231354828365_511977381_n.jpg
    76170_10151231354828365_511977381_n.jpg
    78.4 KB · Views: 602
That is pretty cool. I will be adding a telltale to my motor, and I thought that was cool! Haha

I would even monitor exhaust temp if I could. :LOL2:

I want to monitor everything if I can. I want to see what the motors doing and how it’s performing. A buzzer and or idiot light pretty much tells you just junked your motor. If something is not right I want to know about it while it’s happening not after the fact. This was especially bad on the older 2 strokes, just about the time your motor blew up you got the buzzer that told you your oil injection stop working.

It doesn’t take long at higher RPM’s to smoke a 2 strokes motor with no oil. When I was running 2 strokes I always disconnected the oil injection pump and pre mixed. About 30 seconds at WOT with a 2 stroke and an oiling problem and your motor is done!
Not that 4 strokes are a bunch better but now all of the new stuff lets you look and see what’s going on.

Great info and idea. You're so correct and knowing what the engine is doing is critical and you've got to protect that investment!

Great thought on the cylinder head temp CD, and to echo bagger again "protect that investment" I would be the same way. Being new to so much of boating has definitely opened my eyes to the value of a good running motor and costs of new/late model motors. Good looking couple also! I understand completely, my girlfriend is in law school and just finished up finals and started summer courses.

:beer: It can't be said enough about your build, excellent quality work and craftsmanship here. Top notch! :beer:

[url=https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=315746#p315746 said:
DOBSONFLY » Today, 08:10[/url]"]Great thought on the cylinder head temp CD, and to echo bagger again "protect that investment" I would be the same way. Being new to so much of boating has definitely opened my eyes to the value of a good running motor and costs of new/late model motors. Good looking couple also! I understand completely, my girlfriend is in law school and just finished up finals and started summer courses.

:beer: It can't be said enough about your build, excellent quality work and craftsmanship here. Top notch! :beer:

Hey bro thanks for all the complements,

The relationship stuff is pretty complicated. :LOL2: She really is great and in my eyes anyway, smart, cute and sexy. I’ll let you ‘all use your imagination for the rest of the stuff that’s important to us guys :mrgreen:
I’m just not ready for the big commitment though. [-X [-X [-X Been there done that got the T-shirt.

She is and that’s where the issues is so that being said. Let’s go fishing. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

I just got an incredible Idea for my next build,

It’s going to be a little while anyway. I mean I can’t even find enough time right now to finish this one but once it’s done and I enjoy it for awhile I’m going to build a tunnel hull and its going to be a little different than anything I’ve ever seen before.

You sound like me, I was laying out some plans for my next boat and my wife starts in on me about the fact that I just got the boat I have now and have finished anything on it yet!

[url=https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=315975#p315975 said:
Lowe 2070 CC » 21 minutes ago[/url]"]You sound like me, I was laying out some plans for my next boat and my wife starts in on me about the fact that I just got the boat I have now and have finished anything on it yet!

:LOL2: I'll bet she did. I'm sure I'm going to here it as well