Country Dave’s Lowe 1752 modification/restoration project.

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The flats are real dirty but lots of big redfish and snook around. I went out 110 miles this weekend. We got the last of the Snappers for the year,I will post up a report when I get the pics. Awesome day in the gulf.

Very cool big,

I mounted the trolling motor battery last night and made my measurements for the rear floor section. I just have to run a fish under the floor first for the transducer cable. I don't have a transducer on the little Garmin I have now but the new one will have one so I'm going to have to pull it through. That will be a bunch easer with a fish already in place.

I'm thinking making the rear section of the floor with DP. What do you all think?

Dave, DP would look SWEET. Just a thought on the ducer, you may want to run it through and before you lock everything down make certain you don't have any issues with the ducer itself. I've read of a fair amount of bad ducers of late on various sites and I find it odd but it's indeed taking place. Both Garmin and Lowrance and makes me wonder if they use the same supplier.

Hey thanks for looking out BB,

Well its going to be a little bit before I can shell out the $1000.00 for the Garman I want so I'm going to have to take a chance and hope the ducer I get is going to be a good one. I really want to get the floor completed. If by chance I do get a bad one I will figure out a way to fish the new one in.

Big the decks front and rear are getting the "Snow cammo seadek" the floor will get a Rhino lining type material, if I use the DP for the rear floor section I might Rhino it to or maybe just prep and paint it the same color as the Rhino lining. The jury is still out on that one but you're right brother it would get pretty freaking hot if it didn't have anything on it, not to mention it would probably blind the hell out of you. :LOL2:

Dave, I put seadek on all of my deck flat sufaces any area that I would be walking on and on top of my cooler 8) , I cant belive the difference in how much quieter the boat is and my feet love it. The metal floor got way too hot before.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    85.6 KB · Views: 691
[url=https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=332188#p332188 said:
hudflat » Today, 07:11[/url]"]Dave, I put seadek on all of my deck flat sufaces any area that I would be walking on and on top of my cooler 8) , I cant belive the difference in how much quieter the boat is and my feet love it. The metal floor got way too hot before.

Looks great Hud,

What year is your hull? I don't have the step up. I've decided not to use the DP for the rear floor section, I want to keep it uniformed. I will trim it out with a peace of DP just like the front. Maybe Seadek on the floor as well as the decks............................. :mrgreen:

its a 2001 hull, its hard to see in the picture but the white part is actually sloped up to that upper area its just extra room and part of the lower storage area.

[url=https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=332228#p332228 said:
Country Dave » 16 Oct 2013, 16:58[/url]"]Take that split tail minnow put some Pro-Cure on it and drag it as slow as you can across the flat and fish on brother.

Stop Dave.. the way you say that really turns me on...

[url=https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=332250#p332250 said:
hudflat » 23 minutes ago[/url]"]
[url=https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=332228#p332228 said:
Country Dave » 16 Oct 2013, 16:58[/url]"]Take that split tail minnow put some Pro-Cure on it and drag it as slow as you can across the flat and fish on brother.

Stop Dave.. the way you say that really turns me on...

LMAO,

Love it. They just don't understand :LOL2:

I decided to go ahead and start getting the trailer rigged,

I finally got the new fenders I ordered, I also scored some really nice LED light strips as well. I’m going to put them on the guide posts. There just so much more visible up on the guide posts than way down at the bottom of the trailer. Plus they never get submerged in the water.

I don’t think this trailer has ever seen salt water, everything looks real good. The only down side is I’ve got to start swapping out the hardware and install stainless fasteners. I will be using her primarily in salt water. The spindles look brand new not a pit or scratch on them. New bearings, races and grease seals and we’re good to go there.
I redid the trailer bunks and installed new carpet and E-Z slide trailer pads. Even though the hull has 2 thick coats of steel-flex on it I don’t want salt water wet carpet on the aluminum with no way to drain. This way the hull sits up on the pads. You just have to be careful at the ramp; she will slide right off so you don’t undo the strap until you are ready for her to come off.
[-X

Attachments

• 017.JPG
    017.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 668
  • 011.JPG
    011.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 668
  • 007.JPG
    007.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 668
  • 003.JPG