Cutting out the middle bench seat?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dball265

Reaction score
hello i'm a new member and i have a 1970 12' starcraft v hull and i am getting ready to deck it. I was thinking of cutting out the middle bench, but some people said you cant do it cause it will wanna draw in when you put it in the water. Is this correct? any ideas or hints are helpful. thanks.
will add pics soon

This is correct, depending on boat design. Post up a pic, and we should be able to give you decent advice.

Also, try the search function (top right), because there have been quite a few threads regarding this topic.

and welcome to tinboats! :WELCOME:

If I understand you right, you're wondering if the boat will become weaker after removing the middle bench seat. Technically, the seats do give some support, but many people here have removed them without harm.

Just letting you know that it's possible, and actually not very hard to do. Many projects here have a similar modification that you can see, so I recommend you check some of them out ;)