Dale Hollow 4/29/10

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BassNBob

Reaction score
Yesterdays trip to Dale Hollow was nice. Weather was great, and fish were very cooerative. Best one for the year.

Realeased a 18" Small Mouth and brought home 3 L/M to eat next week had 5 other bass that were too small.

Attachments

• DSC00217.JPG
    DSC00217.JPG
    77.8 KB · Views: 316
  • DSC00220.JPG
    DSC00220.JPG
    87.5 KB · Views: 316
dang that's a fat smallie!!! I have got to get one of those fish on the end of my line just to see how they hold up to the Spotted bass fight! People tell me spots have nothing on these smallies (a 1lb spot fights like a 10lb largemouth)

Those are some nice looking fish.
How big do your LM have to be to keep?

The min. on L/M on D/H is 15" to keep. Two of those were 16.5 and the last 1 was 17.5.

Russ the smallies fight alot better than a sppoted bass,IMO.

russ010 said:
People tell me spots have nothing on these smallies

They ain't lying...

Congrats on the fish, BNB. Supposedly they are in the bushes on KY Lake right now but I can't get out there for the weather. :x

This may be a dumb question, but I never kept a fish to eat before and I was wondering how you actually kill the fish after you catch it. I have a few ideas on how one could do it, but is there some sort of recommended way. Just curious because I would like try to keep a fish and try to prepare it at some point this year.

These three I put two bags of ice on them for the trip home. If my fish's gills are a light pick I will not clean or eat them. That's what the ice is for, to keep them fresh. When I catch fish close to home I just fillet them alive and wash the blood off then put them in a freezer bag with water and take them to the freezer in the garage.

Latest posts