Day of the Basses 6-6-08

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Captain Ahab

Reaction score
Wife had baby shopping stuff to do - I had free time, hmmmmmm, no brainer (even for me) I went fishing!

1st stop was a well know creek in lower Bucks County - after I suited up to wade and climbed down a bridge piling I found solid chocolate colored water - not even milk chocolate, this was the dark stuff!! Completely unwadable as I could not see a foot into the water. Of course, I stayed there and wasted 30 minutes "just to see" if there were any fish around - if there were they could not see my bait, I moved on.

Stop number two was a local pond where I usually do really well. Again, chocolate colored water. I opted to use a popper to get the bass's attention. It paid off big time:

MJ_001.jpg

I that point I noticed a smear on the camera lens - even though the pictures were coming out fine I decided to clean it off - big mistake, I must have knocked something out of whack as the camera refused to focus at all - smeary digital things all over. Of course I hook a huge bass before I realized the camera will not work so no picture of that one!

After playing around with the camera and not fixing the problem I did what any good repair person would so - I gave it a smack - Problem fixed (except not the back screen does not light up). However, the camera still functions I just cannot see the results.

Had a few hits and misses on the topwater stuff so i switched over to a 5.5 senko type stick in deep purple - look how golden these bass are:

MJ_003.jpg

MJ_002.jpg

Worked my way around the lake and landed a few more toads on the 4" worm in coffee colored - amazing that the bass found the bait as it was almost the same color as the water.

MJ_004.jpg

MJ_006.jpg

Here is the toad of the day:

MJ_005.jpg

Decided to see how the river was - not half as bad as I thought. The Smallmouth were going nuts for the topwater - for the 1st time ever I caught more on poppers then I did on soft plastic

MJ_008.jpg

MJ_007.jpg

What a great day - constant action - no real catching frenzy but enough to keep my interest. I think I had about a dozen LM Bass and 10 Smallies. All the smallies were in ecess of 14" so they were by far the best thing going. A 14" smallie fights way better then a 20" LM bass!

Captain Ahab said:
Wife had baby shopping stuff to do - I had free time, hmmmmmm, no brainer (even for me) I went fishing!

You're a lucky man. When my ex was in a family way I had to tag along on all the shopping trips. Baby stuff... her stuff... it didn't matter . I had to go. :(

Nice day of bassin' !!! Did you venture into the river or do all your fishing from shore ?? I'm curious if the river is warm enough to wet wade. I've heard that the Perk has been warm enough to wet wade for the past week or two.

Those smallies are very nice. Especially nice that they were all over 14" !!!

Nice fish.. Looks like in the pictures that you are trying to Hide some of your honey holes by blurring it out and making black marks on landmarks :) good idea..

I have a friend who went ot he lake when it was at low winterpool and tool alot of pics of structure and landmarks and GPS locations. Now when the water is at summer pool, he has money holes as he likes to call it, since he does tourneys there. he wont tell me where they are, but he shows me the pics of the low water structure.. he wont even give me the gps coords. He sais one day, when he doesnt fish tournys and is feeble and on his last leg, he will give it all to me.. LOL!!. I think I might take him fishing on the lake with my Ranger, and let him drive the boat all day to maybe find out some of his holes, that way :)

Nice catchin ahab, I can relate to the chocolate colored water, and man does it make it thought to get a bite